"Laguna and Tubarao" Estado de Santa Catarina by Franklennrocha
Estado de Santa Catarina Travel Guide: 286 reviews and 704 photos
The city is located 120 kilometers southward bound Florianópolis, the state capital, in the South Brazilian coast plans. Its urban area is crossed by the Tubarão River and, parallely, the BR-101 federal highway. Some lakes and swamp areas are found in the sorrounding areas, although its landscape has been modified several times by humam acts. The climate is subtropical (Köppen climate classification). Neighbor cities are Laguna, Capivari de Baixo, Gravatal, Pedras Grandes, Jaguaruna, São Ludgero, Orleans and Treze de Maio
Laguna is a Brazilian city located in the southern state of Santa Catarina, 120 kilometers south of the state's capital, Florianópolis, and north east of Porto Alegre. Its coordinates are 28.48/28°28'57" S and the longitude is 48.779/48°46'51" W. In 2004, the population was 48,956 and the area was 445.24 km². Elevation is 2 m. Laguna is linked with the BR-101 coastal highway as well as a superhighway.
The city was founded in 1676 by rural people of the capitania of São Vicente. In 1714 the locality was recognized as a municipality, and in 1847 it received the status of city.
Laguna is a part of the association of the municipalities of the Laguna region. The city's flag is tricolored with yellow, white and green, and has a coat of arms in the middle.
Laguna has a few schools or a collegiate, a high school, churches, and squares.
An interesting collaboration has developed in Laguna: a pod of Bottlenose Dolphins drive fish towards fishermen who stand at the beach in shallow waters. Then one dolphin rolls over, which the fishermen take as sign to throw out their nets. The dolphins feed on the escaping fish. The dolphins were not trained for this behavior; the collaboration has been going on at least since 1847.
Franklennrocha's Related Pages
Estado de Santa Catarina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ITAPIRUBA AND PRJECTO BALEA FRANCA"
- "ESTADO de SANTA CATARINA"
- "THE WATER STATION OF PIRATUBA"
- "Laguna and Tubarao"
- "Mountains and Coast Line"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Hotels in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Transportation in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Nightlife in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Restaurants in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Shopping in Estado de Santa Catarina
- Warnings and Dangers in Estado de Santa Catarina
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Estado de Santa Catarina
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Estado de Santa Catarina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estado de Santa Catarina
Photos in Estado de Santa CatarinaSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Teresina Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Palmas Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Haiti Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Brazil Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Macapá Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Criciùma Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 3 photos
- United Arab Emirates Intro, 3 photos
- Peru Intro, 3 photos
- Colombia Intro, 3 photos