"Alabama" Alabama by JREllison
Alabama Travel Guide: 1,832 reviews and 4,637 photos
Alabama's Maritine history may begin when The El Cazador, a Spanish brigantine of war, was lost without a trace in the winter of 1784 while on route from Vera Cruz Mexico to the port of New Orleans. The El Cazador Museum in Grand Bay, Alabama tells the story of the 1784 shipwreck of the El Cazador in the Gulf of Mexico.
Pictures of the CSS ALABAMA and a full scale replica of Confederate submarine- CSS HUNLEY (are located in the Museum of Mobile.
The South Dakota Class battleship USS Alabama and the The GATO Class submarine USS DRUM are located at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile, Alabama.
JREllison's Related Pages
Alabama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Alabama Page"
- "Alabama Back Roads and Byways"
- "Ancestral Home of the Four Tribes"
- "RhondaRuth's Vacation in Alabama"
- "The Heart of Dixie"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alabama
- Hotels in Alabama
- Transportation in Alabama
- Nightlife in Alabama
- Restaurants in Alabama
- Shopping in Alabama
- Warnings and Dangers in Alabama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alabama
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alabama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alabama
Top 10 Pages
- Kentucky Intro, 23 reviews, 91 photos
- Colorado Intro, 12 reviews, 54 photos
- Greece Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos
- Germany Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos
- Spain Intro, 12 reviews, 51 photos
- Italy Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos
- Belgium Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos
- Lexington Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- California Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 7 reviews, 33 photos
No friends yet.