""Travel is the most private of pleasures."" darrensmale's Profile

Why Do We Do It?

Do what? Travel. Why do it? It cost money, lots of it. It takes time and effort, and if you're anything like me and you hate lying on beaches longer than 5 minutes per decade, it is anything but physically relaxing. So again I ask. "Why do we do it?". Easy. Because there's a world out there waiting to be discovered and experienced. I travel because I need to. I get bored easily and desire to see it all. People for me are the real essence of travel. A view is nice, history and historical buildings are great. But the local population are what makes a trip tick. For me there is nothing better than to walk down side alleys and local markets to meet the people who belong there, live there and who have drawn you there. Where do I prefer to travel? Asia. Pure fantasy is what awaits all who can be bothered.

The Man Behind the Suitcase

Hi. My name is Darren. I share a dream similar to the rest of you. I love to travel. Unfortunately, my travel is restrained by two boring facts - I have yet to win the lottery and I have to work. Currently I work in the Box Management Team (and we really do manage boxes but not the cardboard variety!!) for the Bank of New York (not in New York but in Swindon England!!). I do have the fantastic pleasure though of being married to the most wonderful Chinese woman ever who I met for the first time in a Chinese restaurant (its true) in Zhanjiang China.

• Intro Updated Jul 14, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!