"Pagudpud" Top 5 Page for this destination Pagudpud by backpacker24

Pagudpud Travel Guide: 441 reviews and 1,185 photos

First Time..

I have heard of this place long ago but never thought existed. Nobody I knew would be eager to drive 14 hours from Manila to this farthest north part of the big island. And Pagudpud was coined from "pagod" meaning "tired" and "pudpud", meaning "worn out (as in slippers)".

My family is from this region but it is just this Mar 2007 that I got to see this place.

It was an hour flight from Manila to Laoag, and a 1 1/2 hour bus ride to Pagudpud. The excitement was immeasurable I didn't mind the sun, the sweating, the non aircon bus.

And finally.. My eyes fixated on that clear blue water, the clear blue skies (and I even wondered which is bluer), the yellow orange sand.

It was amazing, bliss, a haven for anyone who wishes to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city life.

I've been and seen a lot, but nothing like Pagudpud made me say, "I am coming back here.”

2 Months After..

I have always wanted to go back to this blissful place. Although not so soon as 2 months after the first time I've been ;)

I was with a different group of friends that were also too excited to see Pagudpud.

And there was that overwhelming feeling again. As soon as I got out of the van, after that 17 hour long drive from Banaue, I finally breathed that fresh air I have never had somewhere else.

Now that I am more familiar with this little town, I got to do more with less mistakes hehe

• Last visit to Pagudpud: May 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 28, 2007

backpacker24

“one grain of sand and it's all worth it”

Badges & Stats in Pagudpud

Have you been to Pagudpud?

Latest Activity in Pagudpud