"MaBuHaY PiLiPiNaS" ligaya's Profile
PALOMPON is a vibrant community on the west coast of Leyte. It lies on the Camotes Sea, and has a long history as a seaport. It has recently been held up as a model for coastal conservation and a destination for ecotourism.
PALOMPON natives have traveled the world to live and work, following their dreams or the love of their life.
If you live in PALOMPON, grew up or even visited there, you know that it has a special beauty, history and vitality all its own. If you have moved away, it remains special to you. When you return, whether your visit is for a day or the rest of your life, friendly people greet you as one of their family.*
(you will need to copy and paste this into your browser.).
LOVE DOES MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND or, atleast,
IT MAKES IT A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE TRIP...ever....
I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY THROUGH THESE PAGES ~
I'm a native from PALOMPON, (Island of Leyte), Visayas, Philippines. I'm a Filipino ( Ako ay Pilipino). Philippines has many attractions for every tourist, be sure to read the information and discover that your next travel should be in the Philippines!This picture was taken during my family visit last Nov-Dec 2010. I stayed 3 weeks in my hometown, Kalanggaman island is one of the best Island I visited during my stay in Palompon..my hometown, (Leyte, Visayas)
Palompon, ( Leyte, Visayas) where I live, is situated in the north of Island in Leyte, 50 km north far from Ormoc City, or 80 km far from Tacloban City where is situated the nearest airport*
Palompon, as well as Ormoc City are very welcoming towns, with very friendly people, the Visayan people, ofcourse ( as my husband told me:-)), you will enjoy it. Very quiet and easy-going town, sometimes comes some foreigners. The town is very SAFE.
And most of all you will love and enjoy the Filipino cuisines (a blend of Chinese, Spanish and Malay dishes. Filipinos don't use too much spices)
The Beauty of Nature!
One of the attractions of Palompon are the two islands, Tabuk Island ( 3's islets) and the Kalanggaman Island, iDEAL for scuba diving, sea birds watching, snorkle or even just go for picnic/swimming and boating.
Boracay is a tropical island located approximately 315km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. It is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations. The island comprises the barangays of Manoc-Manoc, Balabag, and Yapak (3 of the 17 barangays which make up the municipality of Malay), and is under the administrative control of the Philippine Tourism Authority in coordination with the Provincial Government of Aklan.
The island was originally home to the Ati tribe. Boracay is part of Aklan Province, which became an independent province on April 25, 1956. Formerly undiscovered, it wasn't till the 1970s that tourism began to develop in Boracay, and the island became popular with backpackers in the 1980s.
Poem about Family
~ RiChEs @ Jeanne D. Rhein ~
~ They say that times were tough then
That money was very tight
But I remember my childhood
And I know that can't be right~
~ Mom would cook our dinner
Dad came home at five
We were all sitting at the table
Waiting for him to arrive ~
~ We wouldn't eat from a microwave
Or a restaurant down the street
We all ate Mom's home cooking
And boy that can't be beat~
~ We didn't eat in front of TV
Or with a phone in our hand
We weren't plugged into a stereo
bopping to the latest band ~
~ We would all sit at the table
Everyone in their place
There were never any surprises
We recognized every face ~
~ Brothers to the left of me
Sisters to the right
That's the way we ate dinner
Every single night ~
~ We laughted we joked we talked we ate
We were a family don't you see
Though some may have been raised poor
You can see it wasn't me ~
~ We ate collards we ate biscuits
We ate fatback and blackeyed peas
We said thank you nanay and please ~
~ So when you talk of family life
Or how it used to be
Though many had more money
None were as rIcH as ME~
~ Wishes from a friend ~
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 196 Reviews
- 1,138 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on unravelau's profile page
- Uploaded a Video to Foz do Iguaçu
- ligaya and jayjayc are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Florianópolis Forum ""
- created a Argentina Travel Page "Iguazu Falls"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Barco Pirata in Canasvieiras"
- Wrote a Review The Famous Baboy (Lechon Kawali) in Philippines Restaurants
updated their Profile Page "MaBuHaY PiLiPiNaS"
VideosSee All Videos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 42 reviews, 198 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 20 reviews, 82 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 78 photos
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 71 photos
- Northampton Intro, 12 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banbury Intro, 9 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Silverstone Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Bournemouth Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Olhão Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Leyte Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos