"MaBuHaY PiLiPiNaS" ligaya's Profile

PALOMPON, LEYTE

PALOMPON is a vibrant community on the west coast of Leyte. It lies on the Camotes Sea, and has a long history as a seaport. It has recently been held up as a model for coastal conservation and a destination for ecotourism.

PALOMPON natives have traveled the world to live and work, following their dreams or the love of their life.
If you live in PALOMPON, grew up or even visited there, you know that it has a special beauty, history and vitality all its own. If you have moved away, it remains special to you. When you return, whether your visit is for a day or the rest of your life, friendly people greet you as one of their family.*

Helful links:

(you will need to copy and paste this into your browser.).

MY BELOVED PALOMPON

LOVE DOES MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND or, atleast,
IT MAKES IT A MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE TRIP...ever....
I HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY THROUGH THESE PAGES ~

I'm a native from PALOMPON, (Island of Leyte), Visayas, Philippines. I'm a Filipino ( Ako ay Pilipino). Philippines has many attractions for every tourist, be sure to read the information and discover that your next travel should be in the Philippines!This picture was taken during my family visit last Nov-Dec 2010. I stayed 3 weeks in my hometown, Kalanggaman island is one of the best Island I visited during my stay in Palompon..my hometown, (Leyte, Visayas)

Palompon, ( Leyte, Visayas) where I live, is situated in the north of Island in Leyte, 50 km north far from Ormoc City, or 80 km far from Tacloban City where is situated the nearest airport*

Palompon, as well as Ormoc City are very welcoming towns, with very friendly people, the Visayan people, ofcourse ( as my husband told me:-)), you will enjoy it. Very quiet and easy-going town, sometimes comes some foreigners. The town is very SAFE.

And most of all you will love and enjoy the Filipino cuisines (a blend of Chinese, Spanish and Malay dishes. Filipinos don't use too much spices)

Kalanggaman Island

The Beauty of Nature!

One of the attractions of Palompon are the two islands, Tabuk Island ( 3's islets) and the Kalanggaman Island, iDEAL for scuba diving, sea birds watching, snorkle or even just go for picnic/swimming and boating.

BORACAY Island - Visayas - PHILIPPINES

Boracay is a tropical island located approximately 315km (200 miles) south of Manila and 2km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region of the Philippines. It is one of the country's most popular tourist destinations. The island comprises the barangays of Manoc-Manoc, Balabag, and Yapak (3 of the 17 barangays which make up the municipality of Malay), and is under the administrative control of the Philippine Tourism Authority in coordination with the Provincial Government of Aklan.

HISTORY.

The island was originally home to the Ati tribe. Boracay is part of Aklan Province, which became an independent province on April 25, 1956.[2] Formerly undiscovered, it wasn't till the 1970s that tourism began to develop in Boracay,[3] and the island became popular with backpackers in the 1980s.[2]

SUNSET

Sunset at Boracay's famed White Beach..it is amazing, i love it!

2010 FAMILY REUNION

Damayo's Family

Poem about Family

~ RiChEs @ Jeanne D. Rhein ~

~ They say that times were tough then
That money was very tight
But I remember my childhood
And I know that can't be right~

~ Mom would cook our dinner
Dad came home at five
We were all sitting at the table
Waiting for him to arrive ~

~ We wouldn't eat from a microwave
Or a restaurant down the street
We all ate Mom's home cooking
And boy that can't be beat~

~ We didn't eat in front of TV
Or with a phone in our hand
We weren't plugged into a stereo
bopping to the latest band ~

~ We would all sit at the table
Everyone in their place
There were never any surprises
We recognized every face ~

~ Brothers to the left of me
Sisters to the right
That's the way we ate dinner
Every single night ~

~ We laughted we joked we talked we ate
We were a family don't you see
Though some may have been raised poor
You can see it wasn't me ~

~ We ate collards we ate biscuits
We ate fatback and blackeyed peas
We said thank you nanay and please ~

~ So when you talk of family life
Or how it used to be
Though many had more money
None were as rIcH as ME~

FLOWER IN THE SUN

~ Wishes from a friend ~

• Intro Updated Nov 9, 2012

• Minceta's Profile Photo
    Dec 24, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Hi, Ligaya! It's been quite a long time since our previous conversation, so that I wanted to say again "Hello" to you and to use this opportunity to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR 2014 FULL OF EXCITING TRIPS AND ADVENTURES. I would like to keep in touch with you.

• ligaya's Profile Photo
      Dec 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Hello, have a Merry Christmas too and a prosperous New Year.

• Minceta's Profile Photo
      Dec 26, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Hi, Ligaya! Thank you for writing again!

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday and many more to come!!! Never to late!!!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2013 at 5:54 AM

Hello there and sorry I missed your birthday as I have not been online for a number of days. I hope you had a great day and have a great year to come.

fergy.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Happy happy bday! Cheers!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Happy Birthday to you

• Martin1966's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Hi, wish you all the best for your birthday. Regards from switzerland, Martin

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Hello, Ligaya!) Happy birthday!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Happy birthday :)

• TrendsetterME's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Hey Ligaya, "Happy Birthday", with all my best wishes ... :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
ligaya's Profile Photo

ligaya

“Let the journey begin... but never end! Happy Travel Everyone:))”

Real Name