"The birth of Orlando" Orlando by smirnofforiginal
Orlando Travel Guide: 3,195 reviews and 6,265 photos
Orlando is conveniently set in central Florida making it a great starting point from which to explore the rest of the state from.
Orlando has the densist concentration of theme parks in the world.
It was originally called Jernigan (after settler Aaron Jernigan). The settlement was around Fort Gatlin and became the Orange County seat in 1856. In 1857 the city was renamed Orlando for Orlando Reeves - a soldier killed by Seminole Indians on the shores of Lake Eola.
First there was a railroad boom.
Then, in the 1950's there came a technology boom.
Finally in 1971 the mouse came to town and the rest is history.
Florida is a close 3rd destination after LA & New York City.
Such a great name & logo... just had to go! At Boggy Creek there was a really friendly atmosphere. Sounds & looks a bit... more travel advice
First thing to know is that Seaworld tickets are a bit pricey (more than you'll be paying for Disney). Possibly they... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Orlando Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
- "orlando florida"
- "take it from a local..."
- ""When You Wish Upon a Star.....""
- "Orlando, Florida"
- "Disney and Universal Studios"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Orlando
- Hotels in Orlando
- Transportation in Orlando
- Nightlife in Orlando
- Restaurants in Orlando
- Shopping in Orlando
- Warnings and Dangers in Orlando
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orlando
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Orlando?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orlando
Photos in OrlandoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos