"Saarbrucken" Saarbrücken by smirnofforiginal
Saarbrücken Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 185 photos
Saarbrucken is the capital of Saarland which is a very modern city but was once a royal residence (under Prince Wilhelm Heinrich 1718-1768). It's a relatively compact city, with many good restaurants and bars and is split in two by the River Saar.
(a bit of history...Saarland enjoyed Celtci & Roman times. Then throughout the middles ages France governed it. In 1815, after Napoleon was defeated it was divided by Prussia and Bavaria. After WWI, under the Versailles treaty Saarland became an independent territory and was ministered by the League of Nations with a bit of help from France. In 1935 the people of Saarland voted to rejoin Germany. Then, again, after WWII, Saarland became a self-governing region under French administration until 1955 when it was returned to Germany).
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Saarbrücken Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Opera in Saarbrücken"
- "The bridges over the Saar"
- "Bonio goes to Saarbrücken"
- "What to expect???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saarbrücken
- Hotels in Saarbrücken
- Transportation in Saarbrücken
- Nightlife in Saarbrücken
- Restaurants in Saarbrücken
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saarbrücken
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Saarbrücken?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saarbrücken
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos