"Spain's 3rd largest city" Valencia by smirnofforiginal
Valencia Travel Guide: 1,305 reviews and 3,481 photos
First came the Romans and called it Vanlentia.
The Arabs came and then in 1238 the Christians retook the city.
In the 15th & 16th centuries Valencia was the Med's strongest trading centre.
Today, Valencia is old and uber modern all at the same time.
This is a World Heritage Site. It is a spectacular market. Halls of fresh fruit & veg, fish halls, meat halls et al ...... more travel advice
Now THIS is where I got cranky. I didn't mind paying to get into the cathedral but I absolutely objected to having to... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Valencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT"
- "Fireworks, oranges & light"
- " Something old , something new , ..."
- "Las Fallas 2008!!"
- "Valencia - a winter escape"
- "Celebrations in Valencia!"
- "Visiting Valencia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valencia
- Hotels in Valencia
- Transportation in Valencia
- Nightlife in Valencia
- Restaurants in Valencia
- Shopping in Valencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Valencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valencia
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Valencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valencia
Photos in ValenciaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos