"National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Skaftafell by smirnofforiginal
Skaftafell Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 171 photos
Skaftafell National Park was founded in 1967 by the government and the WWF. 2008 saw it join with Jokulsárgljufur National Park and together they formed the Vatnajokull National Park. The National Park is 12,000 sq km; the largest in Europe.
160,000 visitors allegedly visit Skaftafell every year but I only saw 5 other people and they were in the visitors complex.
Skipalaekur is a farm on the banks of Lagerfljot. The accommodation is away from the main house, in wooden hut.... more travel advice
During the war there were aprox 3000 soldiers stationed here in Reydarfjordur. The Americans convinced the locals to... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Skaftafell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skaftafell National Park"
- "The Handsome Looking Svartifoss !"
- "National Park"
- "Vatnajokull - close and personal"
- "Skaftafell a cool place to be"
- "Reaching the top of Iceland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skaftafell
- 12 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Skaftafell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skaftafell
Photos in SkaftafellSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos