"Rocks, dust & healing hot water!" Ai-Ais by smirnofforiginal
Ai-Ais Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 27 photos
Having left Namaqualand (South Africa) on a tarmac road and crossed into the Karas region of Namibia on a gloriously new and black tarmac road the turn off to Ai-Ais was our first encounter with a dirt road. And the road went on and on and wound around and around, through the Natinal Park. Not one other vehicle, not another living soul, no evidence of any life form at all, save the odd Quiver tree and the dried scrub by the side of the road. Big sky, Big rocks, big land. Big and rockily beautiful!
We had tried to make a reservation to stay at the Ai-Ais resort but, despite various emails and booking enquiry requests, they never replied. So, we were simply off to get some petrol because we knew that there was a petrol station by the resort!
In the heart of the canyon, the thermal waters at Ai-Ais are said to have healing properties but, as we couldn't stay here, I cannot tell you if that is true!
A good introduction to Fish River Canyon
For a road trip, if you are a point where you are starting to look at the petrol gauge and "hmmm" Ai-Ais HAS a petrol... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Ai-Ais Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canyons and Hot Springs"
- "Home to Fish River Canyon"
- "Rocks, dust & healing hot water!"
- "Fish river Canyon Area"
- "Fish River Canyon"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ai-Ais
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ai-Ais?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ai-Ais
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos