"Rundu" Rundu by smirnofforiginal
Rundu Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 13 photos
Rundu is the capital of the Kavango region and is the border town for Namibia & Angola. It was came into being as a bus stop for the colonists!
There is an airport, a petrol station (which is of great significance to anybody driving!) and there are shops to restock (particularly on apples and Bic biros!). There is also a pharmacy here. There are a handful of accommodations but there is nothing of any particular interest here and there are fat more charming towns / villages to stay in.
A youth washed the windscreen of our car - we gave him some money - he ran straight into the mini market to buy himself a biro. Really, really, do stock up on pens - they will cost you nothing and are so desperately wanted.
Get up early and get onto a boat! Would have been wefully romantic to go along the Okavango is a couple of mokoros but... more travel advice
We had been driving for hours and we so nearly took a detour to see Popa Falls but decided we just couldn't take adding... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Rundu
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Rundu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rundu
- updated a Rundu Travel Page "Rundu"
- Posted in Travel Republic of Serbia Forum "Re: Border crossing at Donji..."
- Wrote a Review Row, row, row your boat gently down the Okavango.. in Rundu Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Row, row, row your boat gently down the Okavango.."
Photos in RunduSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos