"Nata - a big dust bowl!" Nata by smirnofforiginal

Nata Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos

Nata

This is where you come for the Makgadigadi Pans... but perhaps, more importantly, Nata has petrol!!!

My biggest memory about Nata is paying to use the public ladies toilets which was absolutely spotlessly clean and, well the lady could barely wait for me to leave the cubicle because she was desperate to sweep and mop where I had left a trail of dust and dirt and gravely grit!

There is a large supermarket here and they sold exceedingly nice biscuits which, I must confess did not last very long.

And there is the Nata Sanctuary (for wildlife) but I cannot tell you a thing about it, other than I drove past it.

There s, as far as I am concerned no reason to come or stop in Nata other than a break in the driving and some petrol!

• Last visit to Nata: Aug 2009
  • Intro Written Jan 3, 2010

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I had problems with Nata and Nata Lodge as well. I hit their disease control gate at 130 mph because the paint on the road had worn off and the signs were on the other side. Drunken police men and Nata Lodge full charge at midnight. The only place in Bots with an attitude...

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM

This is a very sad story - to read about Nata. My wife and I used to visit the Lodge lovingly in the 1980s when it was a real haven. I knew it burnt down but how disappointing for you to be let down so badly. Enjoyed your other Botswana tips. Mike

smirnofforiginal

“Enter, traveller, into this immensity”

Badges & Stats in Nata