"Sanliurfa" Sanliurfa by smirnofforiginal
Sanliurfa Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 345 photos
A long, long way from Istanbul; Chadors, bazaars, spices... you have reached the Middle East.
Sanliurfa was one of my favourite spots in Turkey; a place where the exotic and the beautiful offered serenity and peacefulness but also where the hustle and bustle of a busy city swept you from your feet if you dallied too long!
Sanliurfa is a city of purple where we were possibly the only westerners visiting at that time... a city where itis as common to see a man with his gun as it it to see men sitting around playing backgammon or similar.
This is the covered market which is in the centre of the bazaar. The bedesten was actually a caravanserai which sold... more travel advice
All around this area are parks, mosques and beautiful, mostly arcaded, courtyards. It is a peaceful place where people... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Sanliurfa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanliurfa - 'Glorious Urfa'"
- "maykal's new Sanli Urfa Page"
- "biblical and holy city....with a touch of orient"
- "Edessa Urfa الرها"
- "yoshimi's new Sanli Urfa Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sanliurfa
- Hotels in Sanliurfa
- Transportation in Sanliurfa
- Nightlife in Sanliurfa
- Restaurants in Sanliurfa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sanliurfa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sanliurfa
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Sanliurfa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sanliurfa
Photos in SanliurfaSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos