Paris Transportation Tips by smirnofforiginal
Paris Transportation: 1,515 reviews and 1,534 photos
Now, unless you have driven to Paris there is pretty much, absolutely no reason why you would possibly want to be driving around in Paris when the public transport is so good.
Driving in Paris is a tad mad, especially in rush hour when the Parisians drive REALLY fast REALLY close and REALLY cut you up if you are not sure where you are going. Thus much said, it's not impossible and most places can be reached using the Perioherique (the ring road that runs the circumference of Paris).
Type: Car/Motor Home
Getting about in Paris is easy. There are metro stations just about everywhere and there is also the RER.
RATP tickets are valid on metro, RER (within the city limits), buses & trams. Children 4-11yrs travel 1/2 price.
Just be advised - whilst Paris has some spotlessly clean, modern, rather well decorated metro stations there are also some that are shabby, have undesirables hanging around and oh, yes... human excrement also (nice!) - these not so nice metros are in a minority and not really in any of the heavy tourist areas but they are certainly not places you want to stop in for long at night.
More Reviews (15)
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (33)
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 581 Reviews, 1032 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 816 Reviews, 1425 Photos
- Louvre- 782 Reviews, 1546 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 648 Reviews, 1323 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 437 Reviews, 757 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 271 Reviews, 546 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 95 Reviews, 255 Photos
- Jardins du Luxembourg- 115 Reviews, 277 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 144 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Centre Georges Pompidou- 155 Reviews, 269 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do