Paris Transportation Tips by smirnofforiginal
Paris Transportation: 1,535 reviews and 1,603 photos
Now, unless you have driven to Paris there is pretty much, absolutely no reason why you would possibly want to be driving around in Paris when the public transport is so good.
Driving in Paris is a tad mad, especially in rush hour when the Parisians drive REALLY fast REALLY close and REALLY cut you up if you are not sure where you are going. Thus much said, it's not impossible and most places can be reached using the Perioherique (the ring road that runs the circumference of Paris).
Type: Car/Motor Home
Getting about in Paris is easy. There are metro stations just about everywhere and there is also the RER.
RATP tickets are valid on metro, RER (within the city limits), buses & trams. Children 4-11yrs travel 1/2 price.
Just be advised - whilst Paris has some spotlessly clean, modern, rather well decorated metro stations there are also some that are shabby, have undesirables hanging around and oh, yes... human excrement also (nice!) - these not so nice metros are in a minority and not really in any of the heavy tourist areas but they are certainly not places you want to stop in for long at night.
More Reviews (15)
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "JE SUIS CHARLIE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 17 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
- Eiffel Tower- 595 Reviews, 1,072 Photos
- Louvre- 793 Reviews, 1,578 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 653 Reviews, 1,337 Photos
- Montmartre Area- 211 Reviews, 408 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 401 Reviews, 705 Photos
- Musee d'Orsay- 271 Reviews, 549 Photos
- Place de la Concorde- 167 Reviews, 324 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 146 Reviews, 358 Photos
- Catacombs- 55 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 47 Reviews, 107 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do