""The Beach"" Ko Phi Phi Le by smirnofforiginal
Ko Phi Phi Le Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 175 photos
Phi Phi Le is an uninhabited and, thus, unspoilt island. It is the island on which "The Beach" (2000 Leonardo DeCaprio movie) was filmed.Interestingly though, despite The Beach being filmed here there is no beach, per say. The islands cliffs jut sharply out into the sea. My understanding is that 20th Century Fox (the movie producers) made alterations to Phi Phi Le that they had to put right post filming eg the breaks in the sand dunes etc... I visted Phi Phi Le before 1999 (when the movie was filmed) but I believe they were true to their word and did leave everything as they had found it, so, it shouldn't have spoilt it for the day visitors who arrive by boat.
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Ko Phi Phi Le Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Phi Phi Le"
- "Phi Phi Island"
- "Koh Phi Phi Le"
- "Most Enchanting Island in Thailand"
- ""The Beach""
- "Phi Phi"
- "Koh Phi Phi Ley National Marine Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Transportation in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Le
- Warnings and Dangers in Ko Phi Phi Le
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Phi Phi Le
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Ko Phi Phi Le?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Phi Phi Le
Photos in Ko Phi Phi LeSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 15 reviews, 29 photos