"Glorious Gwalior" Top 5 Page for this destination Gwalior by smirnofforiginal
Gwalior Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 293 photos
Gwalior was one of my favourite spots. It has a spectacular medieval hilltop fort and a quirky museum in the Jai Vilas Palace.... and the best bit of all... there wasn't another westerner to be seen. Not one and yet this is such an interesting place to visit. A local guide told me that Gwalior is off the usual tourist radar... a shame indeed.
There was a hermit called Gwalipa. He told the Rajput chieftan Suraj Sen, oif he drank the water from the Suraj Kund tank, he would be cured of leprosy. He drank, he was cured and thus the name Gwalior (after the hermit).
Stop off in Dholpur. It is a lovely, agricultural village that does not see many tourists. The people were friendly.... more travel advice
These are the mother in law and daughter in law temples. They date from 9th and 11th centuries, are dedicated to Vishnu... more travel advice
smirnofforiginal's Related Pages
Gwalior Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gwalior - home to the Scindia's"
- "Capital of Sindhias Gwalior"
- "Glorious Gwalior"
- "A convenient stop from Agra to Khajuraho"
- "Gwalior - hidden treasure"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gwalior
- Hotels in Gwalior
- Transportation in Gwalior
- Restaurants in Gwalior
- Warnings and Dangers in Gwalior
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gwalior
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Gwalior?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gwalior
Photos in GwaliorSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 77 reviews, 158 photos
- Kiev Intro, 29 reviews, 86 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- Namibia Intro, 25 reviews, 45 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 18 reviews, 40 photos
- Weymouth Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos