"My Lovely Monterrey City" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterrey by lucyguajardo
Monterrey Travel Guide: 311 reviews and 610 photos
In Monterrey you can have the best of two worlds, you can enjoy the Mexican traditions and colonial architecture of its buildings and churches, altogether with world-class services and attention. If you are looking for nature, culture, art, music, sports, show business, hospitality, parks, and museums, you are sure to find the best service and treatment in Monterrey.
Monterrey is placed in the middle of a lot of mountains. Where ever you look you'll see a mountain.That's why is difficult to notice the size of the city, but let me tell you is a big one!!!.
Is located in the North of Mexico at only 300 km from the USA boundary.
The Metropolitan area of Monterrey is a composite of other cities like <i>Guadalupe, San Nicolas de los Garzas, Santa Catarina, San Pedro Garza García, Apodaca </i> and ,of course, <i>Monterrey</i>. There is no distance between that cities so they are like one, even they have differents mayors and laws.
People on Monterrey live because their industry and the commerce. It have an adventage in comparision another industrial cities of Mexico: the nearness with USA.
The city is clean and full of fast food restaurants, all the new stores and malls have American styles and the names are in English, and the local people is starting to speak spanglish (mixture of Spanish and English) but we still have mexican traditions and way of life (family, religion, etc)
- Pros:You can find everything you need
- Cons:THE TRAFFIC!!!
- In a nutshell:The good things of a big city with great nature arroun
Usually the tourist are looking for an ATM for have cash, but their look for the "ATM" letters when in Mexico you have... more travel advice
In Monterrey you can find two interesting Zoo. One is in the City, named Parque La Pastora. The other named Bioparque... more travel advice
- See All Nice Hostel. Live the old time Monterrey
- Packing List
- People coming out of Mexico...
- Watch out of streets vendors
lucyguajardo's Related Pages
Monterrey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "arteimagen's new Monterrey Page"
- "Vibrant North Mexican City"
- "My Lovely Monterrey City"
- "Madness in Monterrey"
- "Monterrey, My New Home"
- "Monterrey, Nuevo León"
- "Monterrey: Vibrant, Classy Northern Mexico City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monterrey
- Hotels in Monterrey
- Transportation in Monterrey
- Nightlife in Monterrey
- Restaurants in Monterrey
- Shopping in Monterrey
- Warnings and Dangers in Monterrey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monterrey
- 19 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 296 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Monterrey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monterrey
Photos in MonterreySee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monterrey Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Roatán Town Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 1 review, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zacatecas Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Munich Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Victoria Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 11 reviews, 8 photos
- Corpus Christi Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue