San Francisco Nightlife Tips by SJTravel
San Francisco Nightlife: 416 reviews and 453 photos
If you want a good night of theater, check out the A.C.T.
Dress Code: No need to dress up unless you want to. Some people get really in to it and dress really nicely. I go after work and am usually in jeans and a nice top. Its fine, nobody judges what you are wearing, you won't feel out of place.
Address: 415 Geary Street San Francisco
Directions: Near Union Square
My most favorite concert venue in San Francisco is The Fillmore. The reason is because every concert I have ever been to there, the musician is always in awe that they are performing there and it makes for an awesome performance. The Fillmore has SO MUCH history, some greats have taken the stage there (Janis Joplin, The Grateful Dead just to name 2) and every artist has their own story of why the place is significant or memorable to them. You can feel the history when you are standing there enjoying the show.
The place isn't big so it has a very intimate feel. You get a good view of the stage and the performers from anywhere you are. If you are in town and someone you enjoy or even just like it performing, definitely check them out at The Fillmore. If you are in the city, buy your tickets at The Fillmore box office then you don't have to pay all of the service fees and such.
Dress Code: It is a mostly standing show so I would definitely wear comfortable shoes. It can get really warm inside as the concert goes on so be sure to have layers. Also women, don't bring awkward purses that you wear on your shoulder or your arm. People get really close in concerts and it is annoying to have to stand next to someone who constantly puts their purse in to you. I am a woman and I typically wear a purse that hangs over my shoulder in front of me so that it doesn't get in the way of other people enjoying the concert.
Address: 1805 Geary Blvd San Francisco
Directions: The corner of Geary and Fillmore.
Beach Blanket Babylon Program
Beach Blanket Babylon is a theater event like no other. It is a musical revue of sorts about pop culture, politics, and San Francisco. They change the show regularly so it is up-to-date with what is going on in the world/pop culture. It is really funny and there wasn't a person I saw who wasn't smiling. The songs are mostly all familiar, but with the words changed to fit the pop culture/political theme. That is what makes it funny. The costumes are great and the level of talent is superb. However, the main attraction are the incredibly large and fun hats that they wear throughout the show. You wonder how they can perform with some hats, and honestly some of them are so large that the actors have to be strapped into them and then they wheel around. It is incredible. You should check out their website to see some of the hats. The show moves pretty quickly so it doesn't feel long, and really its only about 90 minutes long. It is 21 and over only except for the Sunday show. There is no drink minimum, but a cash only bar for those who want to have a refreshment. There is no kitchen food, but they have snacks. I definitely recommend it.
Dress Code: There is no real dress code. I saw people who were super casual and people who were a little more dressed up. Nobody was in fancy attire, although I would assume if they were having a special event, the dress code would be upped.
Address: 678 Green Street (Club Fugazi)
Directions: Little Italy
More Reviews (11)
SJTravel's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Explore the World
- Indian Pass Hotels
- Sint Anna ter Muiden
- Black Mountain Hotels
- Crossdoney Hotels
- Carlow Hotels
- Rose Hill
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 14 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
Top 10 Pages
- Half Moon Bay Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Venice 11 reviews
- Vatican City 8 reviews, 2 photos
- Tulum 10 reviews
- San Jose 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles 9 reviews
- Florence 8 reviews, 1 photo
- Fremont 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome 3 reviews, 2 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Latest San Francisco hotel reviews
- Prescott Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel
- 561 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Jackson Court San Francisco
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
- 675 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hotel Serrano - A Kimpton Hotel
- 787 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Circa 1870
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 27, 2008
- Fitzgerald Hotel - Union Square
- 123 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Oceanview Motel San Francisco
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Handlery Union Square Hotel
- 1533 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Hotel Astoria San Francisco
- 167 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- The Hotel Majestic
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Carl Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn
- 110 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- The Good Hotel San Francisco
- 174 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Olympic Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Golden Gate Bridge- 247 Reviews, 391 Photos
- Lombard Street- 131 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Alcatraz- 289 Reviews, 483 Photos
- Chinatown- 175 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Coit Tower- 134 Reviews, 252 Photos
- Pier 39- 118 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Fisherman's Wharf- 175 Reviews, 312 Photos
- Mission District- 51 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Alamo Square- 66 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Castro District- 47 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All San Francisco Things to Do