"Coastal California" Half Moon Bay by SJTravel
Half Moon Bay Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 82 photos
There are a ton of small towns that line the coast around the area, but as a whole most people call the entire area Half Moon Bay. There isn't that an enormous amount to do on a regular basis, but it is worth a visit. Main Street/Downtown is lined with cute small town shops. You will run into your fair share of locals and tourists alike. There are some big corporate stores/restaurants, but most things are owner owned one of a kind. Two recent films have been made here, Memoirs of a Geisha and American Wedding because it is beautiful.
The annual surf competition called Mavericks happens every year here. The beach is one of the biggest draws of Half Moon Bay. And why not, the beaches here are absolutely beautiful. They don't allow bonfires on the beach so the sand is pretty clean. And the beaches provide a plethora of activities.
Half Moon Bay has many farms, flower shops, and other agricultural/horticultural shops. They sell top quality flora and fauna for a great price. They are big on their pumpkins and Christmas Trees. But even for your every day flower, it is a real treat to stop by the many shops that line Highway 92.
- Pros:Beautiful, quaint, peaceful, beach
- Cons:Traffic (sometimes), Cooler than the Bay Area
- In a nutshell:Beautiful Coastal Town
If you are along the coast in California, you have to take advantage of a sunset over the water. Half Moon Bay has one... more travel advice
An October treat is visiting one or more of the many pumpkin patches in Half Moon Bay. Many people who live in the Bay... more travel advice
SJTravel's Related Pages
Half Moon Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Half Moon Bay"
- "Small, quiet, perfect!"
- "Main Street charm right outside of San Francisco"
- "City of Half Moon Bay"
- "FreeCloud's new Half Moon Bay Page"
- "Coastal California"
- "Half Moon Bay: A Scenic Getaway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Hotels in Half Moon Bay
- Restaurants in Half Moon Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Half Moon Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Half Moon Bay
- 7 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Half Moon Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Half Moon Bay
Photos in Half Moon BaySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Half Moon Bay Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- San Francisco 14 reviews, 2 photos
- Venice 11 reviews
- Tulum 10 reviews
- Vatican City 8 reviews, 2 photos
- San Jose 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Los Angeles 9 reviews
- Florence 8 reviews, 1 photo
- Fremont 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Rome 3 reviews, 2 photos