"Adana" Top 5 Page for this destination Adana Ili by smeagol13
Adana Ili Travel Guide: 124 reviews and 324 photos
Actually, Adana is the city in which I was born and grown up. Despite that I live in Ankara now, Adana is more familiar to me.
The history of Adana goes back to the era of The Hittites; and a visitor can track the marks of many civilizations, including the Hittites, The Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, Seljukides and Ottomans; in both the archeological museum and field observations.
It may have many attractions though, for me; Adana is not a town to see, unless it is on your way to somewhere else.
built in 1881, by Abidin Pasha. It is one of the symbols of the city, and locates in the very center of Adana. more travel advice
The Grand Mosque, was built in the first half of 17th century, by a local feudal lord of Ramazanogullari. It resembles... more travel advice
smeagol13's Related Pages
Adana Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I was born here.."
- "A Cotton agriculture Capitol in southern Turkey"
- "around adana,archeology and armenian castles"
- "My In-laws Live Here"
- "Turkey's Bread Basket"
- "COTON PARADISE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Adana Ili
- Hotels in Adana Ili
- Transportation in Adana Ili
- Restaurants in Adana Ili
- Shopping in Adana Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Adana Ili
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Adana Ili
- 13 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Adana Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Adana Ili
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adana Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uzungol Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues