"Trabzon" Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon by smeagol13
Trabzon Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 427 photos
Trabzon is a city located on the nortf-eastern coast of Black Sea region.
I was going back home from Artvin, in 2006 summer, and I passed through the city.
population is up to 1 million and the people are really friendly and helpful. whenever you ask a place to someone, he may even take you there himself.
the historical heritage of the city constitutes of many civilizations. in the city archeological museum, you can find many very interesting items that are mostly taken from the Sumela Monastry.
natural beauties are around the city, not inside. so, if you want to see fascinating landscapes, you have to make some effort of exploration.
moreover, the Sumela monastery and Uzungol "have to be" seen.
- Pros:extremely beautiful and peaceful landscape, historical heritage from many civilizations, cheaper than average
- Cons:may be a bit distant to other attractive destinations of Turkey
I get on the bus of Machka from the Russian Bazaar. it was almost 2 hours' way to arrive in sumela. after passing... more travel advice
one of the most important historical places in Trabzon is surely the Iskender Pasha mosque. it stands in the city center... more travel advice
smeagol13's Related Pages
Trabzon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trabzon-Eastern Black Sea Pearl"
- "Trabzon Guzel Trabzon..."
- "Trabzon'a Hoş Geldiniz"
- "Solo English female in the City of Natachas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trabzon
- Hotels in Trabzon
- Transportation in Trabzon
- Nightlife in Trabzon
- Restaurants in Trabzon
- Shopping in Trabzon
- Warnings and Dangers in Trabzon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trabzon
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Trabzon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trabzon
Photos in TrabzonSee All Photos (28)
- Istanbul Intro, 30 reviews, 66 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adana Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trabzon Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 2 travelogues
- Uzungol Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues