Kiev Hotel Tips by Ivo_K

Kiev Hotels: 5,578 reviews and 181 photos

The Ramada Encore Kiev - Kiev

The Ramada Encore Kiev

Ramada Encore Kiev: Good business hotel!

This big 4-star-hotel was opened in June 2012 for the European Football Championship and offers to its guests 257 standard rooms, 7 superior rooms and 58 different kind of studios and apartments. It is situated outside Kiev (this is according to me one of the very few disadvantages of the hotel) and there is nothing you can do outside the hotel (there is a Domosphera shopping centre nearby but it is for interior and design mostly) - therefore I would suggest that this is a hotel targeting more the business and organizers of seminar/conferences, but they offer free shuttle to the city centre and the Borispol airport. The price around 100 EUR for a standard room (it is different depending if you are staying during the more busy weekdays or during the weekend) is average for a 4-star-hotel in Kiev. The hotel is new and fresh, the rooms are clean (there are rooms for smokers and non-smokers), the service is very good and the staff is kind, the quality of food is also above average so if the not central location is not a problem for you I would recommend to you staying there, I personally would go for a hotel in the centre where I could have some walk in the city.

Unique Qualities: New hotel opened in June 2012 for the European football championship, fresh and clean rooms, kind staff and very good service, delicious breakfast

Address: 103 Stolichnoe Shosse, 03131 Kiev, Ukraine

• Updated Mar 1, 2013
The room interior - Kiev

The room interior

Hotel Lybid: You better avoid it! Hotel Lybid Review

My wife and I stayed 4 days in this hotel in February 2012. The choice of hotel was of my Ukrainian partners and I can't say that we enjoyed our stay at all! The hotel is advertised as very centrally located, but don't expect easily to get to the city centre by feet, there is no nearby metro station either. It's an old Soviet style big and ugly 3-star-hotel with 273 rooms (32 out of them - suites) and a bunch of strange guys (security - in uniforms and casual dresses) hanging always around the main entrance. The elevator is also operated only with your room card, forget to use if you don't have it with you. We had reserved a double room, but when we got into the room on the 9th floor it turned out that it's a single room - very small in size (so small that I didn't have the space to catch the entire room on a photo), with smaller in size bed, with a blanket not enough for two in size and one pair of towels. The air-conditioner in the room was awfully noisy, apart from this you could hear your neighbours! After spending a terrible night there we moved to junior suite on the 14th floor that looked a little better, but had hairs on the sofa and the toilet was somehow placed under the sink... Well, at least we had a better window view. The staff in general was kind - only the receptionist who did our check-in was not kind at all when I asked if the room we are in is single or double. The breakfast was ok, but don't expect variety - it was very much the same every day. I could accept such things if we speak about an economy hotel, but the prices of the hotel are not cheap, for the same prices you can get much better 3-star-hotels like Rus or Salute for instance... Not to mention that you have to pay in advance for all your stay right on the day of your arrival! The only good things that I could say about this hotel apart from the kind personnel is the view from the window and the fact that it's easily accessible by car from many sides which is a big plus for a city with big traffic jams like Kiev. I wouldn't visit hotel Lybid again and recommend you to avoid it too.

Unique Qualities: Window view, easily accessible by car from many sides, kind staff

Address: 1 Peremohy Square, Kiev, 01135, Ukraine

Comparison: about average

Directions: Opposite to the national circus of Kiev, next to Univermag Ukraine shopping centre...

Other Contact: reception@hotellybid.com.ua

Phone: +380442397600

Price: US$40-80

Website: http://www.hotellybid.com.ua

• Updated Feb 11, 2012
My one-bedroom cottage - Kiev

My one-bedroom cottage

Park Hotel Kindev: Great hotel in the vicinity of Kiev!

I have visited the Park Hotel Kindev in the vicinity of Kiev in December 2011. It is relatively new, situated in a pine forrest around 20 km from the centre of Kiev and 5 min away by car to the Boryspil International Airport. You should be aware that the hotel has two parts - the hotel part where you could get the usual single or double room (22 rooms in total) and a number of 9 cottages situated next to the hotel part. I would recommend you staying in one of the cottages (either one-bedroom, two-bedroom or VIP cottage with sauna)as I did, because for not so significant different in price you get really unique experience - for a double room you pay 750 UAH while for a one-bedroom cottage - 1050 UAH. The cottage has all the amenities that the room offers - air-conditioner, personal safe, satellite plasma TV, fridge, shower cabin, etc. plus a kitchen and one additional room. The purpose of my stay was business trip, but the hotel offers a lot of attractions for everyone - if you are into sports there are football fields, tennis courts and a billiards room, you can fish in the nearby pond or cycle around the hotel territory while meanwhile you kids are entertained in the children's room or in their mini zoo. The hotel has also a quite nice restaurant with live music servng Ukranian-Georgian cuisine that you should try for sure.

Unique Qualities: The fresh air and good quality sleep, the kind staff, thhe close location to the airport.

Address: Boryspil Road 8th km, Boryspilskiy region, Kiev district, Ukraine

Comparison: about average

Directions: 5 min away by car from the Boryspol International Airport, 20 km away from Kiev city centre.

Other Contact: reception@kidevparkhotel.ua

Phone: +38(0)443541470

Price: US$120-180

Website: http://www.kidevparkhotel.com

• Written Jan 21, 2012
The Salute hotel - Kiev

The Salute hotel

Salute Hotel: Good deal! Salute Hotel Review

I visited this advertised as a 4-star-hotel in the summer of 2011, because of its very central and convenient location and the reasonably priced for Kiev rooms. Salute is not very big hotel (with around 90 rooms) and for sure not new - it was built in 1984 and its strange architecture style is reflecting the ugly Soviet futurism from that time, so I haven't expected to be pleasantly surprised by my stay there. By entering the lobby and approaching the reception I decided that I have returned back in time and started thinking that choosing of Salute wasn't quite a good idea. Fortunately, my standard room turned to be not very big (around 20 sq.m), but renovated and looking fresh and clean. The room is air-conditioned, has a mini-bar and a satellite TV (don't expect LCD or LED TV though). The room bathroom was really small and could have been better (I have heard that the bathroom of the superior room is same in size but much better), the balcony is not big either but giving quite a nice view over Dnieper river and its left bank, but for the price of 850 UAH (a little bit more than 100 USD) it was a good deal! I should also mention that the staff at the reception and the cleaning lady have been very kind and always willing to help. What I didn't like is that you have to pay additionally for breakfast and the fact that a construction was going on nearby the hotel and there was a a lot of noise during the day... I would recommend Salute hotel though, because of its room comfort, reasonable prices and central location!

Unique Qualities: The location is great, close to a lot of attractions, close also to a metro station, the price is quite reasonable for Kiev and the location offered.

Address: 11-b, Ivana Mazepy str., Kyiv, 01010, Ukraine

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: In the heart of Pechersk, close to a lot of attractions such as the Ukrainian Parliament, the Mariinskiy Palace and park, the famous Kyivo-Pecherska Lavra, 5 min away from the Arsenalnaia metro station.

Other Contact: hotel@salute.kiev.ua

Phone: +38(0)444941420

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.salutehotel.kiev.ua

• Updated Jan 21, 2012
The old Soviet exterior of the hotel - Kiev

The old Soviet exterior of the hotel

Hotel Rus: A nice hotel in the centre of Kiev Hotel RUS Review

I have stayed in one of the 36 suites of this big 3-star-hotel (as I have heard it has more than 400 rooms!) for several days in July 2007 and I did like it a lot. Although its very old Soviet style exterior it's very nice inside (I have heard though that there are renovated and not renovated rooms, I guess I have been in a renovated one, so you better ask for such a room!), the personnel is very friendly and professional and the hotel is located is in the very centre of the city which is one of its biggest advantages. The rooms are air-conditioned and have a cable TV, fridges and personal safes. I have been told that there is Internet connection in all the rooms, but my room was on the 8th floor and it turned out that there isn't a cable internet there. Anyway, there are two business centres that you can use not for free though. There are also Wi-Fi areas in the hotel so you can check them.
There is 24-hour-exchange service in the hotel lobby and this is another advantage, because usually such places work till 8 p.m. and after that you can't change money or if you find an open one it's not with very good exchange rates.
There are several restaurants and bars inside the hotel, there is even a striptease bar with an entrance fee of $ 20 dollars per person, but I haven't visited them.
The European buffet breakfast is included in the room rate and is not bad either so you better not miss it.
The hotel has some frequent guest program - you got different frequent guest cards and discounts % plus other benefits depending on the amount of night you spend there, but you should ask the reception for detailed information on that program.
I plan to visit Kiev soon and I will stay again for sure in the Rus Hotel:)!

Unique Qualities: Not bad prices for a good hotel in the very centre of the city (about 200 dollars per night per suite).

Address: 4 Hospitalna St, Kiev - 01601, Ukraine

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Opposite to the Bulgarian embassy in Ukraine and nearby the Olympic Stadium in Kiev.

Phone: 38-044-2564000

Price: US$180 and up

Website: http://www.hotelrus.kiev.ua

• Updated Aug 3, 2007
The lounge - Kiev

The lounge

Radisson Sas Hotel Kiev: Very nice but snobbish hotel Radisson Blu Hotel Kiev Review

I have been in this very nice hotel in July 2007 but it's too snobbish for my taste and too expensive if you ask me - about 480 euro per night for a suite (I guess only Hayatt is more expensive in Kiev). Apart from that Radisson SAS is a great hotel - it is housed in an old very nice building that has been renovated, it's in a walking distance to the city's main street Khreschatyk, the personnel is very friendly and professional, the rooms are great, the hotel is offering all the services (fitness, sauna, spa centre, business centre, etc.), you can use Free Broadband, which includes high-speed and wireless (WiFi) Internet access. The rooms are very nice furnished, all of them are air-conditioned and with LCD TVs with cable television, coffee and tea making facilities as well as free newspapers and mineral water (for the business class rooms and suites)
The breakfast is included in the price of the room, but only of the business class rooms and suites - you don't have it if you're in a standard room.
The only problem I had is that I have made a reservation for a business class room and I got a Junior suite, but not for the same price though... They couldn't transfer me on the next morning and that's why I changed the hotel and moved to hotel Rus.
I will attach some photos of the hotel interior - I guess you can check the exterior at the website of Radisson SAS in Kiev...

Unique Qualities: Nice location, very well-furnished rooms, great service

Address: Yaroslavov Val Str 22-24, Kiev 01034, Ukraine

Comparison: most expensive

Directions: Next to Golden Gate - one of the only surviving ancient monuments in Kiev

Phone: 380-44-492-2200

Price: US$180 and up

Website: http://www.kiev.radissonsas.com

• Updated Aug 2, 2007

Ivo_K Used To Live Here!

Ivo_K

“To live is to move and to move is to travel!”

Badges & Stats in Kiev

Have you been to Kiev?

Latest Activity in Kiev

Videos in Kiev

Visiting Kiev?
Read real reviews about Kiev Hotels!

Top 10 Kiev Things to Do