"Welcome to my world as I know it" Ivo_K's Profile
It all starts with the place of birth... My hometown Pleven is located in the northern part of Bulgaria. It's a very old town with a rich history. The earliest traces of human settlement in the area date from the 5th millennium BC. The town itself was founded by the Thracians, after that it was a Roman fortress named Storgozia; the Slavonic tribes have inhabited it during the Dark Ages and have given it the name Kamenets. The name Pleven was first mentioned in a medieaval document from 1266.
During the centuries of the Turkish yoke over Bulgaria it have become an important military and trade centre. The siege of Pleven has become one of the strategic battles during the Russian-Turkish war of 1877-1878 and turned into an emblem of the Bulgarian liberty.
Today Pleven is a major economic centre of the Bulgarian Northwest and Central North and the third largest city of Northern Bulgaria after Varna and Rousse.
The town has its own unique atmosphere, you can visit its numerous museums (for instance the famous Mausoleum and the Panorama that have become town emblems), the water cascade in the centre and the beautiful Kailuka park nearby Pleven.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 162 Reviews
- 545 Photos
- 20 Countries
- 45 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on SirHalberd's profile page
- Posted in Travel Pattaya Forum "Advice needed"
- Wrote a Review Will visit it again for sure! in Kiev Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "One of the best hotels in Warsaw!"
- created a Warsaw Travel Page "Warszawa - one of the beautiful European capitals!"
- Ivo_K and gwendar are now friends.
- Uploaded a Video to Kiev
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my world as I know it"
VideosSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Kiev Intro, 35 reviews, 145 photos
- Sofia 22 reviews, 66 photos
- Lozenets Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos
- The Hague 7 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pleven Intro, 9 reviews, 29 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Donets'k 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Koprivshtitsa Intro, 3 reviews, 15 photos
- Kurdzhali 3 reviews, 13 photos