"My first trip to Camiguin Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Camiguin Island by madmary71

Camiguin Island Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 205 photos

Returning to my birthplace

I was born in Camiguin in 1971, unfortunately I did not grow up there for my parents are originally from Iloilo City although my parents went there for an extended honeymoon turned to + 9 months stay (you got my drift!). Anyhow, we left when I was only 6 mos. old, then grew up as a proud Ilongga in Iloilo City. In my teens I left Phil. for good and now live here Canada. I've been planning to go to Camiguin for the longest time, not to mention I have existing relatives whom I've never seen for more than 25 yrs. So with my husband's blessing I went back there in the summer of 2006, to visit the place I was born, baptized, and even visited the hospital.

My first glance of Camiguin as an island

I paid a lot of money to book with Southeast airlines (it's a piece of sh*t) by the way, I'm not impressed by it. I guess I was paying for convenience to get to Camiguin in a matter of 30 minutes from Cebu. If I may add the plane is not properly pressurized. During the descent I felt like my head is about to explode. My father also developed some sort of a migraine that is dragging all over his face. Ok it was all worth it after I took this picture.

• Last visit to Camiguin Island: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2007

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 10:52 AM

that looks like a fantastic place. thank you for showing us around the place and welcome to vt.

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 4:25 PM

Welcome to VT! I love your pictures and tips so far..... Hope to see more!

madmary71

“We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.”

Badges & Stats in Camiguin Island

Have you been to Camiguin Island?

Friends