"Port Gentil, Gabon, Africa" Port-Gentil by Rettna
Port-Gentil Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 7 photos
Cap Lopez is a small beach just east up the coast from Port Gentil Harbour. It is special because there is no corral reef, just a shelf, and the waves come into the beach at all angles. Unforunately, the undertow is tremendous and the current sweeps people around the corner and out to the Atlantic every year. The sunsets are the kind where the sun drops into clouds and makes them all hues of red. Body surfing waves and the warm ocean water make this beach one of my favorite places to visit.
A beautifull little island which is uniquely situated at the mouth of a delta river. As the tide moves in and out, the swimming characterstics around the island change. The current in the morning and during the day is moving towards the river and at sunset the current changes to pulling out to the ocean. Great swimming and relaxing.
- Pros:Pace of life is very laid back, People are very friendly, A lot of restaurants from cheap to expensive, Family friendly parks, Plenty of Night clubs, Strong Expat community, Boating, Flying, Beaches, Swimming, National Parks
- Cons:Mostly french spoken, Only Euros or CFA accepted, A lot of pedestrians, Tropical insects, Very weak medical support,
- In a nutshell:Family friendly amenities nestled between the ocean and Tropical rainforest.
This is the priciest and the best food in Port Gentil. Definitely a good spot for couples to go to for a special... more travel advice
Very modern setting on the inside. The paint is earthy and new. The waitresses are prompt and the kitchen is... more travel advice
Rettna's Related Pages
Port-Gentil Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Port Gentil, Gabon, Africa"
- "Cabana Boy's Port Gentil Page"
- "Port Gentil Gabon and a mariner's perspective"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port-Gentil
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Port-Gentil?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port-Gentil
- Port-Gentil Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Eleuthera Island Intro, 3 photos
- Province of Alberta Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.