"a very nice historical spa town" Bad Münstereifel by Agatho
Bad Münstereifel Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 21 photos
Bad Münstereifel is a historical spa town in the district of Euskirchen, Germany, with about 19,000 inhabitants, situated in the far south of the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The little town is one of only few historical towns in the very south of North Rhine-Westphalia, and because of this is often overcrowded by tourists throughout Spring and Summer.
The most prominent figure currently living in the town is the folk-singer Heino. Twenty years ago, that rôle was filled by Otto Graf Lambsdorff, a prominent politician of the Free Democratic Party (FDP). Moreover, German artists, writers, and intellectuals (either still active or retired), feel this little town is a favourable place to live in.
The most famous historical figure born in Bad Münstereifel was Friedrich Joseph Haass, the "holy doctor of Moscow" (in the 19th century).
In recent years, the unofficial Nintendo fan convention NCON has been held in the town's St. Angela Gymnasium - and is considered one of the biggest events of its kind in Europe.
Agatho's Related Pages
Bad Münstereifel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bad Münstereifel"
- "Old village in heart of the Eifel"
- "a very nice historical spa town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Münstereifel
- Hotels in Bad Münstereifel
- Restaurants in Bad Münstereifel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Münstereifel
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Bad Münstereifel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Münstereifel
Photos in Bad MünstereifelSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Mogosoaia Intro, 10 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Piatra Neamt Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Judetul Neamt Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Arad Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Constanta Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bucharest Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Brühl Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Bonn Intro, 3 photos
- Cologne Intro, 1 review, 1 photo
- Düsseldorf Intro, 1 review, 1 photo