"Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto by joiwatani

Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,915 reviews and 6,117 photos

Everybody said "Ohhhhh, Wowwwwwww!

Kyoto is one of the most beautiful places I have been. So, if you are interested in going to Japan, you must consider going to Kyoto City. Plan to stay there for at least three days to be able to spend time in each and every temple. Believe me, you will always remember how amazing Kyoto is. Try to travel in Kyoto in Spring Time or in the Fall.

In Kyoto, you will find the most amazing temples. Also, they have many restaurants where you can try all their different kinds of soups and noodles, an array of shops where they display their arts and crafts.

I love Kyoto!

Here are the temples where I visited. Just click the link and travel with me:

Kinkaku-ji Temple
San Temple
Ryoan-ji Temple
Ginkakuji Temple
Matchmaking Temple

City of century old shrines and temples!

This structure is the welcoming sign of one of the shrines and temples in Kyoto. It is huge and very pretty. In front of the bus stop is this huge Japanese character sign so I can't help but asked to have its picture taken-me as the background! (Smile!)

I also had seen a similar structure in Tsukubayama. I am not sure what the sign means but it is surely a very beautiful structure!

It probably means "Welcome!" I also see a smaller version of this on gates of Japanese houses.

At night, the lanterns are lit.

There are temples that are nice to see and explore even at night. This temple is one of them. Some people call it the "Matching Temple". When we got to this temple after touring most of the temples in Kyoto, it was already getting dark. The lanterns were so beautiful!

Before the sun sets, I saw a lot of crows on top of the trees. There were thousands of the birds chirping. I am not sure what they were chirping at but the birds' noise echoed up on the hills.

Walking up the hill, I saw a lot of lovers and sweethearts just strolling on the little tiny paths. I was told that this is the place for lovers and sweethearts to come so the relationship will be blessed! That is why it is called the Matchmaking Temple!

• Pros:There are so many beautiful shrines and temples
  • Cons:Not a lot of time to explore the insides of the temples.
  • In a nutshell:It is a must see in Japan. It is very beautiful.
  • Last visit to Kyoto: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 17, 2011

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

My Golden Pagoda pix are not as beautiful as yours....and yes! Great tips!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM

great tips!

• SallyM's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Great pages. We're unexpectedly going to Kyoto next week ... were going to be going to Tokyo.

• loneshopper's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Your picture of Golden Temple of your Kyoto's page is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting it. cheers, Wiwiek

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Great photos and tips. All the best. Bora

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hi Jo, I am thinking about travelling to Japan, looks great. We have a VT meeting in York (England) tomorrow. I have your address ready!

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

What a fantastic and informative page! I'll be checking back before my own trip to Japan next January. Thanks for sharing. Brian

• omidamini's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2009 at 4:24 AM

You have very helpful Kyoto page . Thanks

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2009 at 9:21 AM

That little Japanese girl in red outfit you posed with is so cute --- it is sad they don't cover those x-rated stuff in the stalls...these are great KYOTO pages - TOP FIVE tips!

• MaheshSamtani's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM

Kyoto is on my must see list, God willing. Thank you for your very well written and helpful tips. Best regards. Mahesh

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Kyoto