"Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto by joiwatani
Kyoto Travel Guide: 1,915 reviews and 6,117 photos
Kyoto is one of the most beautiful places I have been. So, if you are interested in going to Japan, you must consider going to Kyoto City. Plan to stay there for at least three days to be able to spend time in each and every temple. Believe me, you will always remember how amazing Kyoto is. Try to travel in Kyoto in Spring Time or in the Fall.
In Kyoto, you will find the most amazing temples. Also, they have many restaurants where you can try all their different kinds of soups and noodles, an array of shops where they display their arts and crafts.
I love Kyoto!
Here are the temples where I visited. Just click the link and travel with me:
This structure is the welcoming sign of one of the shrines and temples in Kyoto. It is huge and very pretty. In front of the bus stop is this huge Japanese character sign so I can't help but asked to have its picture taken-me as the background! (Smile!)
I also had seen a similar structure in Tsukubayama. I am not sure what the sign means but it is surely a very beautiful structure!
It probably means "Welcome!" I also see a smaller version of this on gates of Japanese houses.
There are temples that are nice to see and explore even at night. This temple is one of them. Some people call it the "Matching Temple". When we got to this temple after touring most of the temples in Kyoto, it was already getting dark. The lanterns were so beautiful!
Before the sun sets, I saw a lot of crows on top of the trees. There were thousands of the birds chirping. I am not sure what they were chirping at but the birds' noise echoed up on the hills.
Walking up the hill, I saw a lot of lovers and sweethearts just strolling on the little tiny paths. I was told that this is the place for lovers and sweethearts to come so the relationship will be blessed! That is why it is called the Matchmaking Temple!
- Pros:There are so many beautiful shrines and temples
- Cons:Not a lot of time to explore the insides of the temples.
- In a nutshell:It is a must see in Japan. It is very beautiful.
Most of the water glasses of restaurants in Japan are small and tiny. I for one drink a lot of water so when I am at the... more travel advice
I bought the coasters inside the Kyoto National Museum. There are tables inside where you can pick and choose what you... more travel advice
- See All Bring cash instead of credit cards
- See All Look at the bald spot of the mountain in...
- See All Observe the colors of Fall Season
- See All Eat the artisan's breads and pastries
- Parents beware!!!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Kyoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kyoto is a must see for every tourist in Japan!"
- "Cultural Capital Kyoto"
- "WORLD OF ITS OWN (Kyoto,Nara,Osaka,Himeji & Kobe)"
- "KYOTO - THE HEART OF JAPAN"
- "Kyoto: A Family Trip Through a World Heritage City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kyoto
- Hotels in Kyoto
- Transportation in Kyoto
- Nightlife in Kyoto
- Restaurants in Kyoto
- Shopping in Kyoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Kyoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kyoto
- 100 Reviews
- 465 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Kyoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kyoto
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues