"The Robot City besides Tokyo!" Mito by joiwatani
Mito Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 103 photos
I am so glad I visited Mito City! It's not a well-publicized city in all tourists magazines or travel magazines but there are amazing places to see in Mito!
Take for example the Mito Tower! The Japanese built this Tower from metals that's just enough space for a mini elevator that goes up to the tower! Four people are cramped to get in the elevator!
Then visit the robot museum where you experience how Japan will look like in 2050! It's amazing! Experience shopping in 2050 at a jewelry store. Robots will follow you to display their necklaces and bracelets.
Also, you will find how airplanes will look like in 2050 and how trains would look like in the future.
Mito City is very different. It has different stuff to offer to travellers...
I said "Hello!" and the robots said "Hello!" That's true! There are robots at the Mito Art Museum where they can repeat what you say!
The robots are fantastics! They can serve as mannequins to sell dresses and jewelries! In the future, models will no longer be used but instead robots to sell clothes and jewelries!
Unfortunately, because of strict rules and regulations, I can't take photos except at the front of the museum...There are copyrights involved!
The Mito Tower is definitely remarkable. There is actually an elevator inside where it takes you up to see the sight of Mito City. Because of the size of the elevator, we squeezed ourselves in! It can only accommodate 4 people at a time...
The building to get inside the Mito Tower is absolutely futuristic, too! The inside of the building looks like a piano organ. I have some pictures and scroll them down later!
- Pros:Good to see the future of trains, airplanes and robots!
- Cons:It is kind of pricy to get in and can't take photographs!
- In a nutshell:Mito City is definitely a must see if you are a robotic engineer!
Tatsuya Matsui is a very young inventor and scientist. He has already have a showing of his flower robotics in France.... more travel advice
When you visit Mito City, make sure to take a map with you and plan ahead of time. Decide which place you wanted to go... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Mito Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Robot City besides Tokyo!"
- "Kairakuen and Ume Taishi"
- "torun's Mito Page"
- "Ready to be Rediscovered"
- "Mito ?@?…ŒË"
- "Signs of Spring"
- "schmoopy's new Mito Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mito
- Transportation in Mito
- Restaurants in Mito
- Warnings and Dangers in Mito
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mito
- 7 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Mito?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mito
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues