"I climbed the hill with a grp of 80 yr old women!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tsukuba by joiwatani
Tsukuba Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 273 photos
The change of the leaves of trees in Tsukuba is a very wonderful sight especially when you are in a cable car overlooking the mountains and the hills. The sight of the colors of the Japanese maples in red and in yellow against the green covers of the mountains and hills are such a spectacular sight!
You must go to Tsukuba and see how the cable car slices through path in mountains and hills. Look at the spread of the beautifully covered mountains of the painted colors of the Fall Season.!
Driving to Tsukuba was lovely. It was winding but beautiful. The road is steep overlooking ravines and beautiful slopes covered with trees. The Japanese maples are very colorful with their leaves changing as they are waiting to sleep for the winter.
On our way up the mountain, we only saw few cars going down. Not a lot of traffic which was really good. It was a very pleasant ride all the way to the cable station...
My father and I took this cable car slicing up the mountains and hills of Tsukubayama. There were a lot of local tourists, mostly women, in the cable car. They were as just fascinated as I was looking at the colorful leaves of Japanese maple trees as the cable car crossed up in the air. The ride was smooth and the glide was just spectacular!
- Pros:I love the uphill climb!
- Cons:I wasn't fit to climb! The older people are better than me!
- In a nutshell:It's beautiful in the Fall season because of the change of the leaves!
I left my father at the cable car station because he can't climb up the hill which took me 30 minutes or so to hike. I... more travel advice
The last trip of the cable car crossing the mountains is at 4 pm. Make sure to get to the cable station at 2 pm so you... more travel advice
Written Dec 7, 2008
Written Dec 7, 2008
My Hike at the Tsukubayama Shrine, Part I
joiwatani's Related Pages
Tsukuba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tsu-Kuba without Tsu-Fidel (A VT Endangered page)"
- "Welcome To Tsukuba Science City"
- "Tsukuba - everyday life"
- "I climbed the hill with a grp of 80 yr old women!"
- "Tsukuba and Mt. Tsukuba"
- "Cherry Blossom in Tsukuba"
- "Japan's Science Center"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tsukuba
- 4 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Tsukuba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tsukuba
Photos in TsukubaSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues