"I climbed the hill with a grp of 80 yr old women!" Top 5 Page for this destination Tsukuba by joiwatani

Tsukuba Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 273 photos

The longevity of Japanese people

The change of the leaves of trees in Tsukuba is a very wonderful sight especially when you are in a cable car overlooking the mountains and the hills. The sight of the colors of the Japanese maples in red and in yellow against the green covers of the mountains and hills are such a spectacular sight!

You must go to Tsukuba and see how the cable car slices through path in mountains and hills. Look at the spread of the beautifully covered mountains of the painted colors of the Fall Season.!

The start of my hike

Driving to Tsukuba was lovely. It was winding but beautiful. The road is steep overlooking ravines and beautiful slopes covered with trees. The Japanese maples are very colorful with their leaves changing as they are waiting to sleep for the winter.

On our way up the mountain, we only saw few cars going down. Not a lot of traffic which was really good. It was a very pleasant ride all the way to the cable station...

The cable car

My father and I took this cable car slicing up the mountains and hills of Tsukubayama. There were a lot of local tourists, mostly women, in the cable car. They were as just fascinated as I was looking at the colorful leaves of Japanese maple trees as the cable car crossed up in the air. The ride was smooth and the glide was just spectacular!

• Pros:I love the uphill climb!
  • Cons:I wasn't fit to climb! The older people are better than me!
  • In a nutshell:It's beautiful in the Fall season because of the change of the leaves!
  • Last visit to Tsukuba: Nov 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 13, 2008

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Tsukuba

Have you been to Tsukuba?

Photos in Tsukuba