"Cozumel" Isla Cozumel by joiwatani
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide: 583 reviews and 1,483 photos
Cozumel, Mexico is very beautiful. Not only that it has a long line of white sand beaches, it has also an array of government and local programs that protect their environment so they will maintain the prestineness of the area. The water is warm and it is great for swimming, snorkelling, diving and fishing.
Cozumel also offers and array of shopping from the Mayan-infused gifts to mementos of locally made arts and crafts.
There are many things to do in Cozumel. Here were the things we did while we were there and suggest that you should, too because we enjoyed them:
1. Visit the Scenic Tower
2. Check out the Faro Celarain Eco Park
3. Visit the Navigation Museum
4. Visit the La Playa Hermosa
5. Visit the Chuchacab Reef
6. Check out the El Caracol Mayan Vestige
7. See the Sea Turtle Nesting Area
8. Go snorkelling
9. Go Swimming
13. See the wildlife
14. Enjoy the sun and the sand
15. Have a massage on the beach
17. Enjoy the Mexican Food
19. Spot for iguanas
20. Look out for turtles and their eggs (there's a protected area for turtles)
21. Look for birds nesting (there's a bird nesting park here)
22. Have a massage on the beach
23. Relax on the hamhock on the beach
%bCozumel's beaches is one of the best in the world- it offers great beaches for swimming, snorkelling, diving, boating...
The water in Cozumel is so inviting and sparkles under the blue sky on a sunny weather! The sea breeze is just about right lulling you to sleep if you prefer to just sit down and relax on the beach.
The sand is so white and smooth- you can just lay down there after dipping in the warm waters of Cozumel!
There's the wildlife to do like bird-watching and spotting birds' nests all over the mangrove and forests on the beach, seeing the crocodile farm and spotting wild turtles laying their eggs on the soft white sand.
There are so many things to do on the beach: you can have a massage right there and sleep under the sun or just relax and read a book on a covered hammock on the beach. Go to sleep right there and being lulled by the music of the repeated sounds of the waves with the breeze fanning your body as you go further to a deeper sleep.
Cozumel is divided into many districts as there is a class division among the rich and the poor. This class system is a remnant of the Spanish time and it is still in existence today.
- Pros:Beautiful beaches, beautiful place to snorkel, a place to relax
- Cons:Not enough time to stay here.
- In a nutshell:I love Cozumel. I love their beaches and they truly protect them.
We had seen only a few hotel at the beach in Cozumel because most of them were blown away and destroyed by the powerful... more travel advice
This jewelry store are selling a lot of silver jewelries. There are also gold necklaces but this store caters mostly to... more travel advice
- See All The Mayan arts and crafts
- See All Bikes with a carriage
- See All Check out Fidel Castro's Funny statue
- See All Go diving at the Chunchacab Reef
joiwatani's Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- "Snorkelling Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 59 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "Cozumel"
- Posted in Travel Japan Forum "Re: 9 days Itinerary Japan - Need..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Isla Cozumel, Mexico, Part XIII, Miscellaneous"
- Wrote a Review Close to downtown and the beach in Isla Cozumel Hotels
- Commented on one of grandmaR's Isla Cozumel travel pages
Photos in Isla CozumelSee All Photos (312)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues