"The Point is Punta De Mita is the best" Punta de Mita by joiwatani

Punta de Mita Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 120 photos

Love watching the the local surfers

After finding out that I was heading to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, our painter who is from Nayarit, Mexico, told me to go to Punta De Mita because he said, "it is beautiful, quiet and very far away from many tourists!"

Thinking of what our painter said, and after my ordeal at the hotel, I decided on our third day in the Estado de Jalisco, Mexico, to go to Punta De Mita. My daughter and I boarded a bus with our little backpacks of bathing suits but without towels and head down to Punta De Mita.

The drive there was beautiful- passing different towns, fields, and lush greeneries and trees. At times, along winding roads overlooking the beaches! The bus would stop to pick - up passengers or some passengers unboard to little tiny towns. I was loving the Mexican passengers! They were very nice and happy people!

I sat on the bus watching once and a while a woman who was beading a necklace! Beading is an art of the people of Nayarit. They bead necklaces, bracelets, earrings, purses and even put beads on empty skulls!

Punta De Mita is at the end of the Estado de Jalisco. And, it is has white beaches great for swimming and surfing. It also has a lot of five star hotels including the Four Seasons Hotel, which I was told by the locals that in order to build the resort, they have to displace some of the residents which until now, the people have still have resentments to it.

Bird watcher's Paradise

There are so many birds here that you will probably enjoy watching them. I basically enjoyed taking pictures of those pelicams.

Local People

The local people here are very friendly and helpful.

• Pros:It is a very quiet area. It's a place to relax and read a book!
  • Cons:Not enough time to explore what Punta de Mita offers
  • In a nutshell:Overall, our visit to Punta De Mita wiped my anxiety while staying in Puerto Vallarta!
  • Last visit to Punta de Mita: Jul 2012
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2012

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Punta de Mita

Have you been to Punta de Mita?

Photos in Punta de Mita