"The Point is Punta De Mita is the best" Punta de Mita by joiwatani
Punta de Mita Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 120 photos
After finding out that I was heading to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, our painter who is from Nayarit, Mexico, told me to go to Punta De Mita because he said, "it is beautiful, quiet and very far away from many tourists!"
Thinking of what our painter said, and after my ordeal at the hotel, I decided on our third day in the Estado de Jalisco, Mexico, to go to Punta De Mita. My daughter and I boarded a bus with our little backpacks of bathing suits but without towels and head down to Punta De Mita.
The drive there was beautiful- passing different towns, fields, and lush greeneries and trees. At times, along winding roads overlooking the beaches! The bus would stop to pick - up passengers or some passengers unboard to little tiny towns. I was loving the Mexican passengers! They were very nice and happy people!
I sat on the bus watching once and a while a woman who was beading a necklace! Beading is an art of the people of Nayarit. They bead necklaces, bracelets, earrings, purses and even put beads on empty skulls!
Punta De Mita is at the end of the Estado de Jalisco. And, it is has white beaches great for swimming and surfing. It also has a lot of five star hotels including the Four Seasons Hotel, which I was told by the locals that in order to build the resort, they have to displace some of the residents which until now, the people have still have resentments to it.
There are so many birds here that you will probably enjoy watching them. I basically enjoyed taking pictures of those pelicams.
- Pros:It is a very quiet area. It's a place to relax and read a book!
- Cons:Not enough time to explore what Punta de Mita offers
- In a nutshell:Overall, our visit to Punta De Mita wiped my anxiety while staying in Puerto Vallarta!
Before heading out to the bus stop, my daughter and I stopped by Brenda's Restaurant on our way. Thinking that we might... more travel advice
I compared the beaches of Punta de Mita to the beaches at the "Hoteles" in Puerto Vallarta, the sand in Punta de Mita is... more travel advice
- See All Snorkelling in Punta de Mita
- See All Hotel El Coral is near the beach!
- Use the facilities of a nearby hotel
joiwatani's Related Pages
Punta de Mita Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Go if you can"
- "The Point is Punta De Mita is the best"
- "Hidden Paradise"
- "PUNTA DE MITA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Punta de Mita
- Hotels in Punta de Mita
- Transportation in Punta de Mita
- Restaurants in Punta de Mita
- Warnings and Dangers in Punta de Mita
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Punta de Mita
- 21 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Punta de Mita?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Punta de Mita
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Wrote a Review Cool salsa dip at the Brenda's Restaurant in Punta de Mita Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Lunch at the El Coral Restaurant"
- updated a Punta de Mita Travel Page "The Point is Punta De Mita is the best"
Photos in Punta de MitaSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues