"Niagara Falls, 1990" Niagara Falls by joiwatani

Niagara Falls Travel Guide: 1,446 reviews and 3,601 photos

Niagara Falls, a wonder of the world!

This is the view from the USA side. The current of the water is pretty strong and the sound of the waterfall is deafening. In a distance, I can even see the mist that is created by the strong force of the water falling! It is so amazing and spectacular to see this waterfall!

How large it is, unimaginable. Where would all the water go? I always wonder. Where did this water coming from? I wondered again...

My questions were all answered when I read all those postings in the park. I was scared to go near the waterfall. I was too chicken. You see, I was nine months pregnant then with my daughter Shelby! I was almost ready to have a baby right there and then!

I had a hard time walking since I gained 38 lbs. Moreover, it is exacerbated by my traumatized experience- leaving my country on the third day of the devastating earthquake of 1990! I pulled a muscle on my left leg from escaping Manila Hotel in July of 1990, during the biggest earthquake that struck the Philippines.

I told myself to enjoy the view despite the pain. Just hang on, Jo, I told myself. This might be last time to visit the area, I thought, so I might as well enjoy the sight!

The Canadian-side View

It is much prettier to see the waterfalls from the Canadian border. I had to cross the bridge and Canadian immigration to see the Niagara Waterfalls, Canadian side.

There is a beautiful park at the Canadian side with beautiful flowers! As usual, the garden has a Maple Leaf Flag made of flowers!

There is also a coffee shop and a store to buy Canadian souvenirs like postcards, refrigerator magnets, carvings, shot glasses, etc.

More view of the Niagara Falls

The current of the waterfall is so strong that the mist on the side of the waterfall is created. The mist can be seen even if you are at a distance.

• Pros:It's a natural wonder of the world. Amazingly powerful waterfalls!
  • Cons:It's scarry just the thought of falling down the water.
  • In a nutshell:This one among the many wonders of the world. It is worth coming here!
  • Last visit to Niagara Falls: Sep 1990
  • Intro Updated Jan 2, 2009

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Niagara Falls

Have you been to Niagara Falls?