Vancouver Local Custom Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination
Vancouver Local Customs: 103 reviews and 77 photos
The Red Maples are very beautiful to look at specially during the Fall. Last week of October and first week of November would probably be the best time to see the red maples when it gets a little bit colder.
I just got back from Vancouver yesterday and I didn't see any. I guess, we have to wait for another week or two...
Mr. Victor Leung with his arts
We were so lucky when we went to Vancouver. There was an art show going on at the Stanley Park.
As an art lover, I ended up spending most of my time checking all the artworks of the locals. I collect Asian arts. I ended up talking to one of the oldest local artist in Vancouver!
With his permission to publish this, I took a picture of Mr. Victor Leung. I also had a picture with him together. He etches his arts in plywood and slowly burn them. How amazing is that?
I didn't really notice his method of arts until my daughter Shelby pointed it out.
Mr. Leung immigrated to Canada in 1951 and he has lived here ever since. He told me that he is 75 years old and retired. He said he loved painting and spend most of his time doing what he loves!
He etched some hummingbirds, eagles, bears, etc. His famous favorite artworks are Chinese women in their dresses!
I bought one of his artworks with a Chinese woman holding an umbrella!
More Reviews (49)
- See All Amtrak Casacades to Seattle/Portland
- See All Go to the train station early before...
- See All Visit the Prospect Point
- See All Brunch on the beach
joiwatani's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "Summer in Vancouver"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 51 Reviews
- 265 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Vancouver travel pages
- updated a Vancouver Travel Page "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- Wrote a Review The Red Maples in Vancouver Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go to the train station early before departure!"
- Uploaded a Video to Vancouver
Photos in VancouverSee All Photos (265)
Videos in VancouverSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (259)
- Stanley Park- 152 Reviews, 260 Photos
- English Bay- 27 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Capilano Suspension Bridge- 63 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Vancouver Aquarium- 67 Reviews, 104 Photos
- Gastown- 62 Reviews, 92 Photos
- Grouse Mountain- 69 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Granville Island- 82 Reviews, 111 Photos
- Vancouver Lookout (Harbour Centre)- 22 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Robson Street- 22 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Lynn Canyon- 28 Reviews, 41 Photos
See All Vancouver Things to Do