Vancouver Local Custom Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination

Vancouver Local Customs: 103 reviews and 77 photos

The Red Maples

The Red Maples are very beautiful to look at specially during the Fall. Last week of October and first week of November would probably be the best time to see the red maples when it gets a little bit colder.

I just got back from Vancouver yesterday and I didn't see any. I guess, we have to wait for another week or two...

• Written Oct 11, 2011
Mr. Victor Leung with his arts - Vancouver

Mr. Victor Leung with his arts

The painters at the Stanley Park

We were so lucky when we went to Vancouver. There was an art show going on at the Stanley Park.

As an art lover, I ended up spending most of my time checking all the artworks of the locals. I collect Asian arts. I ended up talking to one of the oldest local artist in Vancouver!

With his permission to publish this, I took a picture of Mr. Victor Leung. I also had a picture with him together. He etches his arts in plywood and slowly burn them. How amazing is that?

I didn't really notice his method of arts until my daughter Shelby pointed it out.

Mr. Leung immigrated to Canada in 1951 and he has lived here ever since. He told me that he is 75 years old and retired. He said he loved painting and spend most of his time doing what he loves!

He etched some hummingbirds, eagles, bears, etc. His famous favorite artworks are Chinese women in their dresses!

I bought one of his artworks with a Chinese woman holding an umbrella!

• Updated May 25, 2009

joiwatani Visits Here Frequently!

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver

Have you been to Vancouver?

Photos in Vancouver