Vancouver Restaurant Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination

Vancouver Restaurants: 792 reviews and 657 photos

Brunch on the beach - Vancouver
Fronde on the Beach: Brunch on the beach

The waiters in this restaurant are the owner and her son, who is about 10 years old. They are Canadian-Indians. The restaurant is overlooking the ocean and it has a beautiful spot, basically across the museum and fronting the beach with a beautiful view.

We wanted to have coffee but ended up having our brunch there.

The coffee was freshly-brewed and being a Seattlelite, I can taste it right away. However the food that we ordered was just reheated in the microwave. We ordered different classes of food that was on the menu and we barely touched them.

The potatoes were soggy and they looked like they were L.O.(that's what I call left over!). The bacon was not good unlike those lean nice looking fried Oscar Myers' brand bacon I have on Sunday breakfast in my house!

The scrambled eggs were not cooked right. Golly, my daughter can cook better! Anyways, it was a waste of my brother-in-law's money. (Good thing, I didn't pay for my brunch!). The toasts were not done right.

I highly recommend this restaurant for their coffee but nothing else.

Favorite Dish: I just like their coffee. The boy came and refilled my cup three times! I just loved their coffee...I don't recommend this restaurant for anything else.

Address: White Rock, Canada

Comparison: about average

Directions: The restaurant is directly at the front of the White Rock Museum and Archives.

Price: US$11-20

Rating: 1

Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 28, 2011
The Hon's Restaurant in Chinatown, Vancouver - Vancouver

The Hon's Restaurant in Chinatown, Vancouver

The Hon's restaurant: The best soup at the Chinatown!

When I am travelling, I usually eat at a restaurant where there's a lot of local people go. This is so true when I go to Vancouver, Canada.

My daughter Shelby visited the Chinatown yesterday 05/24/09. Unfamiliar with Chinatown, the first thing we did was to look for a restaurant. After walking around the block, we found this restaurant close to Pender Street. There was a long line at the counter waiting to be seated.

That was a good sign to me! So, my daughter and I decided to follow suit!

The restaurant was crowded with people - mostly Chinese with their families in tow. There were some tourists, too, detecting from their cameras hanging on their necks.

The restaurant has a counter at the middle of the restaurant with the cashier. The waitress seated us after one table was cleaned up. They were fast in serving the food that we ordered.

Favorite Dish: My daughter Shelby and I ordered wonton soup. It was absolutely delicious! It comes in a large bowl with at least five wontons (these are small ball of meat that was wrapped with flattened flour. The soup was with freshly-made noodles and garnished with fresh spring onions!

Address: Between Pender and Main Street

Comparison: about average

Directions: The Chinese restaurant was located in Chinatown.

Rating: 5

Theme: Chinese/Dim Sum

• Written May 25, 2009
Fine Indian Dining - Vancouver
Maurya Indian Cuisine: Fine Indian Dining

Maurya Indian cuisine is very new in Vancouver. Here is the description of the restaurant from the Indian Dining:

"Maurya Indian Cuisine is the new landmark of fine dining in Vancouver. Serving exotic, mouth watering dishes, Maurya balances flavour with helathy cuisine using minimal oils, butter and creams. Using a base of five "mother sauches" instead of the usual one, Maurya's splendid cuisine is light while still keeping the flame of traditonal Indian cuisine burning bright. Each dish is prepared & served in the same manner as it was made really for the Maharajas and Nawabs (Emperors) of India.

A true oasis for food-lovers Maurya delviers impeccable service and a team of chefs direct from Delhi to greet every customer with a bright smile. It's interiors are elegant, calm and beutiful, producing a harmonious and exotic environment. A sun-drenched pation features its own chef, complete with Vacouver's first ever, outdoor tandoori oven.

Maurya exemplifies the wonderful custom of pakarcha - sharing - which involves giving food to friends and neighbors. Maurya is sophisticated, healthy Indian cuisine with five star service, a lenthy wine list and a mesmering room.

Favorite Dish: Tandoori, Chicken Masala

The restaurant has a Sunday Brunch from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Buffet Lunch Monday to Friday from 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.

Address: 1643 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC

Website: http://%b%s5%crwww.mauryaindiancuisine.com

• Updated Jan 10, 2009
Check out the grilled sandwich - Vancouver
Logger's Grill: Check out the grilled sandwich

This check out restaurant is one among the many restaurants around the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Because of the proximity of this restaurant, many tourists just get their lunches here since this restaurant is located inside the park.

There are many choices here but this restaurant specializes in grilled burgers.

Favorite Dish: This restaurant's number one seller is their grilled sandwiches. I didn't really eat here because we had lunch across the park. We were starved before we got to the park!

Address: At Capilano Suspension Bridge park

Directions: At Capilano Suspension Bridge park

Rating: 3

• Updated Jan 10, 2009
The tourists getting coffee - Vancouver

The tourists getting coffee

Have coffee before crossing the bridge!

It's kind of cold and chilly at the park when we visited Capilano Suspension Bridge. The weather was kind of overcast and there's a lot of fog coming in. I was glad to bring an extra jacket with me!

Ashley asked if I needed some coffee when I was putting on my jacket. I told her that I neded some venti cafe americano with room for cream and two packets of sugar! That's how I liked my coffee! It was nice that there is a coffee shop inside the gate of the bridge. I was warm afterwards and ready to cross the longest suspension bridge in the world!

Address: Capilano Road, North Vancouver

Comparison: about average

Directions: Buy a ticket first before you get in to the gate. The coffee house is inside the park.

Rating: 4

• Written Sep 30, 2007
Get food before the tree tour! - Vancouver
Bridge House Restaurant: Get food before the tree tour!

It was the nearest restaurant we could go to as we were hungry once we got to the Capilano Suspension Bridge. There were few tourists and there was no waiting time. We were able to get to the restaurant really fast. The servers were in uniform and the restaurant ambience was kind of old and antique style. The front of the restaurant lies a book shelf with a collection of antique books and antique items. The table setting was pretty elegant and the tables were antique, too! The bay window close to the fireplace is overlooking the garden with tables and chairs and has flower boxes. Over that view was the front gate of the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

Our food came at the right time when we were really hungry. My food came with french fries. They were warm and delicious! I was not dieting at that time because I was really hungry from all the walking that we had at the Stanley Park. We probably walked about two hours before we got to Capilano!

Favorite Dish: Beef des jaus (Beef dip)
Portabella & Provolone Panini

We ordered the quickest food to be prepared which are the beef dip and the portabella & provolone panini. Ashley, my niece, ordered a glass pale ale. She said it was really good. It was good for me to order the beef dip because it was way too cold when we got to the Suspension Bridge. I had to have some soup or something! My order also came with french fries on the side. The french fries were freshly cooked- crunchy and good! it came at the right time!

The total cost of our meal was $40.30 plus $5.00 tip!

Address: 3650 Capilano Road, North Vancouvr, BC v7R-4H8

Comparison: about average

Directions: Close to the parking lot of the Capilano Bridge before the cross street.

Phone: 604-987-3387

Price: US$31-40

Rating: 3

• Updated Sep 30, 2007

joiwatani Visits Here Frequently!

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Vancouver

Have you been to Vancouver?

Photos in Vancouver