"Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!" Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver by joiwatani
Vancouver Travel Guide: 4,002 reviews and 8,456 photos
There is something unique about Canada: the multi-diversed people, the flowers are so bright and beautiful, the stores are incredible, and the people are warm and loving. I just love Canada!
I have been to Vancouver, Canada many times. When I feel like eating "Hambao", "Wonton Soup" or just any Chinese food and eat "Lanzones" or "Atis" (Filipino fruits), I drive to Vancouver. Or, if my husband wanted to smoke a good Cuban cigar, we drive to Vancouver. (We can't buy Cuban cigar in the United States because of the trade embargo).
Yes, we are not that far. Vancouver is our neighboring city! It's about a three-hour drive from Seattle.
I also go to Canada to shop for my favorite tea from China, favorite fruits from the Philippines and my favorite perfume from France!!!
Canada is well-known to Washingtonians because of its array of Asian markets of fruits and vegetables and restaurants at the China town and the International District. It is a delight to find the most exquisite fruits from Asia in Vancouver!
The international market of Vancouver is the best! The Chinese restaurants are great. They are comparable to Hong Kong. Guess what, the Hong Kong people come here. It's their vacation-destination! If they get tired living in Hong Kong, they just come and live here! The actors and actresses in Hong Kong come here for their medical treatments. They even own houses here!
The Canadian people are warm and loving. They are very welcoming. This is the place where you can see people all over the world. The most common ones besides the Chinese from Hong Kong are the Indians from India and the Filipinos.
The most parks visited here is the Stanley Park and the Queen Elizabeth Park. Both of these parks have beautiful gardens. The other one is the Capilano Bridge. The bridge is so huge and strong that it can actually hold seven Boeing 747!
What are the places to see in Vancouver?
1. Stanley Park
2. Capilano Bridge
3. Queen Elizabeth Park
4. Peace of Arch
6. Vancouver Aquarium
7. Vancouver Museum of Art
8. Grandville Island Market
9. Plaza of Nations
10. Creekside Park
11. Pacific Centre
12. Science World
13. Robson Square
14. Aquatic Centre
15. Sunset Beach
16. Vancouver Maritime Museum
You can also side-trip to Victoria
While waiting for the long lines of cars getting into the boarder of Canada, you can actually get out from your car and take some pictures of the welcome sign of Canada. Just the gate park alone is beautifully planted with beautiful colorful flowers! It is such welcoming to see the flowers in bloom - marigolds, sylvians, begonias. I also love the Japanese maple trees! The flag of Canada with its famous maple leaf is lying flat on the ground planted with red and white begonias clustered together. This is actually seen at the front gate of the Canadian boarder.
Queen Elizabeth Park is beautiful. The park has a lot of statues and architectural designs.
The Canadians are well known to take care of their parks and gardens! The flowers are always in bloom! I am not sure how they do it, but even the silvias, the marigolds and zinnias looked taller and prettier when their gardeners take care of them!
- Pros:A beautiful country to visit!
- Cons:The boarder coming back to the USA is strict!
- In a nutshell:Vancouver is a nice place to visit and live. The people are friendliest!
Are you thinking of crossing the border and head to Seattle/Portland? Might as well since you are close anyway...Who... more travel advice
Taking the Amtrak train to and from Seattle to Vancouver is very nice because you can relax. The fare for roundtrip... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "Summer in Vancouver"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 51 Reviews
- 265 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Vancouver travel pages
- updated a Vancouver Travel Page "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- Wrote a Review The Red Maples in Vancouver Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go to the train station early before departure!"
- Uploaded a Video to Vancouver
Photos in VancouverSee All Photos (265)
Videos in VancouverSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues