Seattle Tourist Trap Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Tourist Traps: 67 reviews and 55 photos
Posing at the Museum of Flight
There are so many things to do inside the Museum of Flight. Sometimes it takes a lot of time to check and see on all the planes.
It depends on what time you decided to visit the museum. If you started late, it's better to check the Air Force One plane and the Concorde first because there is always a long line after 12 pm. Besides, the tours on these two planes close at 3:00 pm. So, make sure that you got your money's worth and not miss the two tours. The fee is $16.00 and that is costly!
Unique Suggestions: If you are late, take the tour of the Air Force One and Concorde first and then move to the museum.
Fun Alternatives: Go visit the museum early! Then you will have all the time and not miss anything including the live drama and/or the movie shows!
Parking sign in Ballard Locks
It is hard to find parking in Seattle. When you are going to downtown Seattle, make sure to take the bus instead of driving. The bus is free if you catch the bus before the International District. There are specified free zones. Bus fare is $1.50.
Parking is expensive in downtown Seattle.
Unique Suggestions: When you are driving, make sure to park on designated areas. Most of the streets in downtown Seattle are one- ways. If you park on designated areas, make sure to read the signs. Most parking are parallel parking. Some buildings offer parking to the public but it is extemely expensive.
Some signs say that the parking is limited to some hours. Your car might get towed away after 3 pm. The reason why? They open that parking area to the route of buses during peak hours which start at 3 pm.
Fun Alternatives: Take the bus instead. When you are in downtown Seattle, the bus is free. There are designated free bus zones!
Or be an early bird. The parking fee is cheaper when you are early.
More Reviews (190)
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 192 Reviews
- 1,703 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Seattle travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2012 VT Seattle Dinner/Belly Dancing on August 11"
- created a Seattle Travelogue "The Space Needle, Part VII"
- Wrote a Review A total disappointment at Marrakesh Restaurant! in Seattle Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Seattle
Videos in SeattleSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (259)
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 45 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 43 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Fremont District- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Seattle Center- 33 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Aquarium- 26 Reviews, 35 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do