Seattle Off The Beaten Path Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Off The Beaten Path: 285 reviews and 582 photos
This is the City of Seattle building which houses the Municipal City Court and other departments of the City of Seattle. There is also a huge conference room here where it displays some gifts given to the city of Seattle from the different leaders of the sister city of Seattle!
The Union Station is actually located at the International District. This is the station that you get off from the train station to get into the Chinatown District/International District. This is where you get off to catch the bus to get to Columbia City and Rainier Valley.
Dr. Jose Rizal is the national hero of the Philippines. And, there is a bridge named after him at the International District. It is close to Jackson St and King Street.
If you get to the bridge, you can see Downtown Seattle to the (North) and the Puget Sound. To the South, you can see the Columbia/Rainier District. To the west, you can see the Amazon.com building which used to be a hospital.
This bridge is in commemoration of the great Malayan hero, Dr. Jose Rizal and in commemoration of the many Filipinos living in Seattle. As of this writing, there are about 65,000 Filipinos in Seattle- who came from the islands of Hawaii, Alaska, California and directly immigrated from the Philippines!
One of the news channel in Seattle is the KOMO 4 News. Their building is located in front of the Space Needle. This is the channel where you can watch the news in town.
I like it watching this channel especially in the morning at 6 am because it gives you the traffic news in the morning. Since Seattle has a heavy traffic in the morning, my husband and I tune in to the channel because it tells us how long will it take us where are the traffic accidents are and tells us how long it will take us to go to our destination.
This channel also have great reporters especially those handling consumer reports and advise viewers the best tips on consumer products, health advices, etc.
This television channel also has their own helicopter to cover news.
There are so many artists in Seattle. Most of the residents support arts that is why most of the parks here have all these beautiful sculptures, modern arts, etc. There are also murals on the walls especially if you go to the Rainier Valley area (Rainier Avenue). You can find beautiful murals on the street painted by local artists depicting the diverse culture of the city.
The library in Northgate, Seattle
There are many libraries in Seattle. The biggest one actually is in downtown Seattle. It was recently renovated and a "state of the art" library.
This library in North Seattle is small but I like it very much. I can just drop off books or videos any day or even at night without even going inside the library.
There are also mobile libraries and they go from one school to another.
The city officials in most government always make sure that they are being remembered in some ways. The City mayor of Seattle, commemorated this park, Waterfront, and had this marking slab on the cement overlooking the Puget Sound.
The Bay Pavilion at the Waterfront
Just walking around the Waterfront is sometimes boring to the children. After walking to the water park and then to the Seattle Aquarium.
There is a Bay Pavilion at the Waterfront and there are many things for the children to do. You can also check out the carousel ride, games, shops, and restaurants. There are different aso stores inside the pavilion including a food court.
Another pirate statue outside the store
The City of Seattle is also very famous for its Pirates. During the "Parade of Lanterns", which is held in August of every year, the famous float is actually the float of the Pirates of Seattle! The pirates use some fireworks during the parade and their show is very attractive to children.
Anyway, there is a pirate's store in Seattle. How about that? So if you are interested in buying crosses, skulls, treasure chests, masks like those in the Pirates of the Carribean movie, then go to the Pirate's Plunder located at the Waterfront in Seattle.
There are many things to buy at the store. Of course, related to the Pirates.
The store is located at the Waterfront close to the Argossy Cruises.
The Administration Building of King County
King County is the largest county in the United States. It is managed by CEO Ron Sims, who is now offered to join the Obama Administration as the Deputy Secretary of the Urban Housing.
This building is the administrative building of the county. If you needed a business license or apply for a marriage license, you come to this building. This is also a place to pay your property taxes.
There is a beautiful architectural design at the front of the building made of stainless steel coiled together. I am not sure what it means but it is a good design to grace an old building like the King County Building.
More Reviews (174)
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Alabang Hills Village Hotels
- Negovan Hotels
- Tanjong Tokong Hotels
- Bran Hotels
- Pulau Perhentian Besar
- Tagaytay and Taal
- Tulum Off The Beaten Path
- Caribbean and Central America Off The Beaten Path
- Nicaragua Off The Beaten Path
- Barker Reservoir
- Stellenbosch Off The Beaten Path
- Hat Nai Yang Beach
- Sevilla Off The Beaten Path
- Yangshuo Off The Beaten Path
- Lake Bohinj
- Olhão Off The Beaten Path
- Indonesia Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 192 Reviews
- 1,703 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Claus"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Seattle travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2012 VT Seattle Dinner/Belly Dancing on August 11"
- created a Seattle Travelogue "The Space Needle, Part VII"
- Wrote a Review A total disappointment at Marrakesh Restaurant! in Seattle Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Seattle
Videos in SeattleSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
Latest Seattle hotel reviews
- Hotel Deca
- 584 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 5, 2013
- Executive Hotel Pacific
- 593 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Seattle Downtown
- 311 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Sutton Suites And Extended Stays
- 177 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Baroness Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2012
- Warwick Seattle Hotel
- 716 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport
- 271 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Ace Hotel
- 186 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2013
- Kings Inn
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Motel 6 Seattle Sea-Tac Airport South
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Grand Hyatt Seattle
- 839 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- First Hill Apt Hotel Extended
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2013
- Best Western Loyal Inn
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Best Western Park Place Inn & Suites
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Four Points by Sheraton Downtown Seattle Center
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 43 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 44 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Fremont District- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Seattle Center- 34 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do