Seattle Favorite Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination
Seattle Favorites: 169 reviews and 148 photos
Favorite thing: Take bus number 510 or 513 and stop by the China Town.
If you have an Iphone, download the Onebusaway Application and this is very useful. It's a free application. You can seach the number of the bus, location, or Stop number and will tell you exactly which bus to take and what time the bus is coming. This application is only good for Seattle and other cities of King County and Snohomish County.
Favorite thing: If you are looking for a place to take a great picture of the City of Seattle, you have to go to the Alki Point during the summer time.
Seattle's weather is great during the months of July, August and September and this is the best time to come to Seattle and to take great photography. You can go to the Lavender Farm, to the lakes and anywhere. There are so many places to take your best shots of Seattle.
Favorite thing: The best time to visit Seattle is during the months of July, August and September when there is not a lot of rain.
August is the busiest month of Seattle because there are so many festivals downtown. Seattle also has the popular Torchlight Parade, Blue Angels' Airshow, Chinese Festival, Filipino Festival, Bon Odori Festival, Bite of Seattle, etc. Every week, there are so many events to see.
Also, it is best to just take the bus if you intend to go downtown because of the parking problems. There are parking available but they are expensive.
I brought my Aunt here
Favorite thing: %Once you are at the Space Needle, you might as well go to the Seattle Center, Music Museum Project, and the Pacific Science Center, and the water fountain. These are all in one location.
Fondest memory: I bring my visitors here because of the famous Space Needle and because there are so much to see. There is the fountain nearby where the children can go down and play with the water. Also, parents can just sit on the grass while their children are having fun down the water fountain.
There is also a playground where children can play. Local residents come here to just hang out under the trees and just sit on the grasses during the summer time.
Early Bird Special at Pike Place Market
Favorite thing: If you are heading to the Pike Place Market by a car, make sure to go early to get the Early Bird Special on parking fees. It cost only $6.00 per day. Otherwise, the parking fee is astronomical!
The parking that has early bird special in Pike Place Market is located at the junction of Pike Place and Alaskan Way.
Fondest memory: I love Seattle because it is very close to the ocean, close to the mountains, close to everything. Also, I love it's cultural and multi-ethnic diversity.
Seattle has the best school system, great police forces for security and safety reasons, great restaurants, great neighborhood and many more to mention. It is not that big of a city. It is just about right.
Use the skybridge or the elevator
Favorite thing: This is what I discovered just recently and I have to share with you travelling to Seattle. Since driving here is crazy and the parking is super expensive, you might as well park to a place where it is close to everything and you don't have to do a lot of walking! (Especially those who have children who are in strollers or those who have disability).
Park on Western Avenue close to the World Spice Market. Then take the elevator down to go to the Waterfront or the sky bridge. You can, again, take the elevator to go up to the Pike Place Market. The Waterfront includes the Seattle Aquarium, Argossy Cruises, Waterfront Park, Pier 57 and Pier 59, the ferry terminals to Bainbridge Island, the Fisherman's Wharf, the Carousel, the Crab Pot, Pirates' Plunder, etc.
Fondest memory: I just love walking around the waterfront and look at the Puget Sound. The ferries come and go.
Favorite thing: The Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) Airport was just recently renovated. It is one of the largest and busiest airport in the Northwest United States.
When getting out from your plane, you still have to ride to a subway train going to the baggage claim. The subway train is fast so, you might like to seat down and grab some handles as the train is really fast. There is a voice translation of the train in English, and Japanese. (Japanese is the second largest tourist group coming to Seattle).
After embarking the subway train, you follow sign to the baggage claim. If you have a lot of luggages, there are pushcarts that you have to pay for 25 cents (you get them back if you return the pushcart. If you don't return the pushcart, then you lose the 25 cents!).
If your plane is coming from a different country, you still take the subway. Then you take the escalator that leads you to the main entrance of the Immigration Department. There are many booths in there separated from US citizens and Non-U.S citizens. The Immigration officers are usually polite, very formal but friendly. You must show your passport and sign a form of declaration - how much money you are bringing to the United States, How long you are visiting, Your address while in the United States and if you are bringing taxable items.
If you already have a visa prior to coming to the United States, then you proceed to the baggage claim. There are security personnel with sniffing dogs. These dogs sniff bags containing contravand goods. Make sure that you don't bring this to the country!
After that, then you can freely get out from the airport. There are no scammers at the airport. You are safe and your luggages are safe.
The airport taxi, shuttle and bus are located close to the airport. Taxis are usually charging $25.00 minimum going to downtown Seattle. The bus is $2.00 with a transfer ticket.
Fondest memory: The airport has been renovated and there are now nice artworks on display at every corner of the airport. There is also a kiosk put it with nice lightings.
Some vintage airplanes are also on display hanging at the ceiling at the exit of the domestic terminal. It is very pleasant to see. They also put in some nice areas to relax with nice black leather couches.
Favorite thing: If you are planning to visit Seattle, make sure to buy a City Pass. With the City Pass, you can visit 5 famous Seattle attractions for one low price. You can visit the Museum of Flight, Argosy Harbor Tours Cruise, Woodland Park Zoo, Pacific Science Center and Seattle Aquarium. You actually save about $53.25 if you buy the City Pass which only cost $39.50. The City Pass is good for nine days fromt the first use./
Call this number: 707-256-0490
The website is www.citypass.com
Here's the price of the City Pass:
Adults $49.50 (a savings of $54.35)
Youth: 3-12 years old: $24.00 (a savings of $24.00)
Fondest memory: There is nothing like going to the Space Needle and visiting the Pike Place Market.
More Reviews (184)
- See All A total disappointment at Marrakesh...
- See All Driving to Space Needle and Chihuly...
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
joiwatani's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Explore the World
- Abbaye d'Orval
- La Paz
- Pungtud Island Hotels
- Tacunan Hotels
- Wallan Hotels
- Puncak Hotels
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 192 Reviews
- 1,703 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 43 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Claus"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Seattle travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2012 VT Seattle Dinner/Belly Dancing on August 11"
- created a Seattle Travelogue "The Space Needle, Part VII"
- Wrote a Review A total disappointment at Marrakesh Restaurant! in Seattle Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Seattle
Videos in SeattleSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (260)
Latest Seattle hotel reviews
- The Edgewater
- 1046 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers
- 1386 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hampton Inn Seattle Airport
- 193 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Vintage Park - A Kimpton Hotel
- 641 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Days Inn Seattle /Tacoma International Airport
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Georgetown Inn
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hyatt At Olive 8
- 699 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Sixth Avenue Inn
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Travelodge Seattle Space Needle
- 280 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Hotel 1000
- 860 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Commodore Motor Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2009
- Hotel Max
- 813 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Howard Johnson Express Plaza
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 14, 2007
- Alexis Hotel
- 809 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Pike Place Market- 146 Reviews, 220 Photos
- Space Needle- 88 Reviews, 153 Photos
- Pioneer Square- 60 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Downtown Seattle- 43 Reviews, 79 Photos
- Experience Music Project - EMP- 44 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Ballard Locks- 24 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Tulip Fields- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Fremont District- 15 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Boeing Factory- 12 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Museum Of Flight- 24 Reviews, 68 Photos
See All Seattle Things to Do