"The famous Space Needle in Seattle" Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle by joiwatani
Seattle Travel Guide: 3,166 reviews and 7,755 photos
(Pls check the travelogues to see pictures on each destination!)
Seattle is famous because of the fortune companies that are based here: Microsoft, Boeing, Starbucks, Amazon.com, Washington Mutual (it is called Chase Bank now), University of Washington, Nordstrom, Expedia.com, Triprr.com, Drugstore.com, etc. to name a few.
Seattle is also the "base" of sitcoms like Grace Anatomy and I-Carly and the movie "Sleepless in Seattle". Seattle has a couple of billionaires and about 4,000 millionaires residing and working here and became rich because of the "dot com" companies. Most of these rich people are philanthropists. You can count on them donating their millions to good causes like hospitals, non-profit organizations, schools, etc.
The landmark that makes it more popular is the Space Needle. And, because of its natural beauty. However, it is the Mt. Rainier that is on the license plates of cars in Washington State.
I love Seattle because I can have the best of everything. I am close to the water, close to the mountains and close to the city!
Seattle is a multi-ethnic community and very diversed. It is like the melting pot in the Northwest! The diversity of Seattle, Washington is being celebrated every August during the Parade of Lanterns. Most culture and ethnicity are represented. There are Filipinos, Japanese, Iranians, Egyptians, Mongolians, Cambodians, Indians, Chinese, Koreans, Somalians, Vietnamese, Mexicans, Laotians, Russians, Bosnians, Iraqis, Japanese, Samoans, Hawaiians, Indonesians, Malaysians, Swedish, Norwegians, British, Scottish, and others.
These different communities have their own festivals during the summer time. If you are planning to visit the City of Seattle, choose the month of August and you will not run out of festivals to attend to.
Seattle's cuisine is also reflected by its multi-ethnicity. There are hundreds of exquisite restaurants and fine dining! The city organized the "Bite of Seattle" event for visitors and the local residents to taste the food represented by restaurant owners.
There are also many things to do and see in Seattle. It's not true that it is always raining in the City of Seattle! Most of the time, we really do have great weather!
At the top of the Space Needle, you can have a 360 degree view of the whole city and the adjacent cities and islands: Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, West Seattle, Alki Point and Queen Anne.
When it is a very nice day, you will see, at a distance, the very famous Mt. Rainier! Just like any other tourist spots, there is a telescope in each corner. You can check out the whole city!
When you are done at the Space Needle, you can eat lunch there. There is a revolving restaurant at the top of the building. Then go down to Seattle Center or the Pacific Science Center. Across the street is also the Experience Music Project. If you are a musician or just a musician at heart, you must check this place! This was built by Paul Allen, the business partner of Microsoft genius Bill Gates!
After checking these three places, catch the bus to Pike Place Market. This market is very famous for its fresh-cut flowers sold by Cambodians and/or Hmong immigrants. There is an array of fresh produce sold by local farmers and fresh fruits. The local artists sell their crafts. Watch the famous salmon-catching-style of fish sellers.
The other local stalls have different variety of items to sell: from Egyptian items, Japanese paper to Chinese figurines.
Please walk down to the Seattle Aquarium. Or just sit down at the dock and watch the ferries at Lake Washington bringing passengers back and forth from the different islands to Seattle.
If you have more time and more outdoorsy, drive to the Olympic Peninsula, Mt. Rainier, Leavenworth, Semiahmoo, San Juan Islands, La Conner and other closeby attractions.
Here are the stuff to see in Seattle. PLEASE CLICK THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE LINKS!:
1. Space Needle
2. Seattle Center
3. Experience Music Project
4. Fun Forest - Pacific Science Center, Center House
5. Key Arena
6. Pike Place Market
6. Seattle Aquarium
7. Ballard- Golden Gardens'Shilshole Bay, Nordic Heritage Museum, Hiram M. Chittenden Locks, Fisherman's Terminal
8. Lake Washington
9. Museum of Flight
10. The Asian Art Museum
12. Alki Point
13. The Burke Museum
14. University of Washington Main Campus
16. Seattle's Fun City Center
17. Lincoln Park
18. Seattle Public Central Library
19. Olympic Sculpture Park
20. Chinatown/International District
21. Pioneer Square
23. South Lake Union- Center for Wooden Boats, Gas Works Park
24. Queen Anne
25. Capitol Hill
27. Children's Museum
29. Green Lake - Woodland Park Zoo
30. University District
31. University of Washington
32. West Seattle
33. Tacoma and Federal Way
34. Mt. Rainier National Park
35. Dash Point State Park
36. Wild Waves Theme Park
37. Museum of Glass
38. Tacoma Art Museum
39. Pacific Rim Bonsai Collection
40. Woodinville's Chateau St. Michelle
41. Redhood Ale Brewery
42. Bellevue Arts Museum
43. Kirkland MaRINA
44. Snoqualmie Falls
46. Lake Chelan
47. Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Factory in Mukilteo
48. Olympic National Park
49. San Juan Islands
50. Downtown Seattle- State Convention and Visitor's Bureau, Seattle ARt Museum, Benaroya Hall, Klondike Gold Rush Museum, Underground Seattle Tour, Safeco Field, Qwest Football Stadium and Events Center.
51. Waterfront - Omnidome Theatre, Washington State Ferries, Waterfront Streetcar Busline
52. International District/Chinatown - Uwajimaya, Wing Luke Asian Museum
53. Woodland Park Zoo
You can go also to these places if you have time
San Juan Islands
Chateau St. Michael Winery
Skagit Valley Tulip Festival - Skagit Valley Tulip Fields, Mt. Vernon - 360-428-5059 for more information
Seattle Film Festival - AMC Pacific Place, 600 Pines St., Seattle - 206-324-9996
Seattle Pride Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St &4th Ave Downtown -206-322-9561
Family 4th at Lake Union Gas Works Park, 2101 N Northlake Way, Seattle -206-281-7788
Seafair 4th Ave, 2nd Ave & King St.
Bite of Seattle, Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St., Seattle -206-283-5050
Bumbershoot Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St., Seattle-206-281-7788
Issaquah Salmon Days Festival Issaquah Downtown- 425-392-0661
Christmas Ship Festival of Argosy Cruises Pier 55, Seattle - 206-623-1445
Space Needle Fireworks Space Needle, Seattle Center, 305 Harrison St., Seattle- 206-904-2100
Northwest Flower & Garden Show Washington State Convention Center, 800 Convention Place, Seattle, -206-789-5333
Seattle International Film Festival
- Pros:Diversed City, Diversed Restaurants
- Cons:Expensive parking, heavy traffic, confusing roads signs.
- In a nutshell:City of Seattle is one of the best places to live!
I will not recommend this restaurant because it is super pricy! The food that they served to us was only good for 8... more travel advice
During our last Virtualtourist Seattle Meeting last August 2012, we went to Mama's Mexican Kitchen and I ordered the... more travel advice
- See All Visit the Chihuly Garden and Arts Museum
- See All Greyhound Bus Station to Chinatown
- See All Making reservations at restaurants in...
- See All Shopping at the Pacific Place
- See All Seattle is a very safe city
- See All The City of Seattle Building
- See All Don't leave valuables in your car at the...
- See All Jazz in the Market
- See All Jogging/Walking
- See All Check the Concorde and Air Force One...
- Bring a hooded jacket if you don't have...
Been to Seattle?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Seattle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous Space Needle in Seattle"
- ") @ L was great!"
- "Emerald City of the Northwest"
- "It's not always raining in Seattle"
- "Never Sip-less in Seattle"
- "A Great Place to Live"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Seattle
- Hotels in Seattle
- Transportation in Seattle
- Nightlife in Seattle
- Restaurants in Seattle
- Shopping in Seattle
- Warnings and Dangers in Seattle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Seattle
- 192 Reviews
- 1,703 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 42 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Seattle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Seattle
- Posted in Travel Province of New Brunswick Forum "Re: PROVINCIAL MEDICAL INSURANCE"
- Commented on one of joiwatani's Seattle travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "2012 VT Seattle Dinner/Belly Dancing on August 11"
- created a Seattle Travelogue "The Space Needle, Part VII"
- Wrote a Review A total disappointment at Marrakesh Restaurant! in Seattle Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Seattle
Videos in SeattleSee All Videos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues