"Thick forests, glacier lakes and Indian Tribes" Olympic National Park by joiwatani
Olympic National Park Travel Guide: 296 reviews and 763 photos
The Olympic National Park is internationally recognized as the Biosphere Reserve and World Heritage Site. The park is a wilderness in itself! Expect to see lush vegetation, thick forests, wild birds, rivers that cris-cross roads, lakes, hills, mountains, ridges and cliffs. The Olympic Peninsula is home to eight Indian Tribes where they continue to practice their hunter-gatherer traditions. My family drove to Highway 101, the main access to the peninsula just to scout where we could camp later on. To my amazement, I found out that there are many campgrounds, hiking areas, self-guiding trails, and picnic areas.
The Crescent Lake was created by glaciers thousands of years ago. The drive to the Olympic Peninsula is highlighted by the beautiful and spectacular view of the lake! The water sparkles as the sunlight hits the lake! The mountains that is lush with vegetation -redwood trees, evergreen trees, ferns and other plants make this place cool in the summer.
There are about eight Indian reservations at the Olympic National Park. There is the Hoh Indian Reservation, Ozette Indian Reservation, Lower Elwha Klallam Indian Reservation, The tribes are free to practice their traditions in the reservation. The Olympic National Park covers thousands of acres of forests and mountains including coasts where the tribes continue to keep their traditions. There are also galleries where the Indians showcase their arts and crafts. There are museums and community center for them, too.
- Pros:Beautiful lakes and rivers, wonderful to drive through...
- Cons:Not enough time to explore the beaches
- In a nutshell:It is certainly a place to go back and explore more!
The coffee shop is voted as the #1 coffee shop in Port Angeles. The coffee shop displays their awards they have received... more travel advice
The gallery is perched close to the road side overlooking the waters. The gallery is one among the buildings adjacent to... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Olympic National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where Wishes Come True: Olympic National Park"
- "Olympic National Park"
- "A Spectacular Coastal Mountain Wilderness"
- "Crown Jewel of the Pacific Northwest"
- "Basaic Olympic National Park Page"
- "WILDERNESS DEFINED"
- "Lake Quinault Lodge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Olympic National Park
- Hotels in Olympic National Park
- Transportation in Olympic National Park
- Nightlife in Olympic National Park
- Restaurants in Olympic National Park
- Shopping in Olympic National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Olympic National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Olympic National Park
- 8 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Olympic National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Olympic National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
Latest Olympic National Park hotel reviews
- Hoh Campground
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 18, 2013
- Rain Forest Resort Village
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Mora Campground
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2013
- Log Cabin Resort
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort
- 214 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 6, 2013
- Heart O' Hills Campground
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 22, 2013
- Kalaloch Campground
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 26, 2013
- Deer Park Campground
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 26, 2010
- Lake Crescent Lodge
- 382 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013