"The longest beach in the world!" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach by joiwatani
Long Beach Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 178 photos
Long Beach? Where? There are many "Long Beach" name of cities in the United States. But, I am referring to the Long Beach in Washington State. It is about a three-hour and a half drive from Seattle, Washington.
The city is located close to Astoria, Oregon and it is an elongated beach-which may be the reason why the people claimed it as the "Longest Beach in the world"!
The Long Beach is an old town with many antique stores and lots of places to buy kites. There are many gift shops, too. Inside the town, there is also a Go-cart racing place and a Merry-go-round for children.
The town invites kite lovers and kite flyers all over the world and they come and compete. There is even a kite fight, multi-kite flying contests.
The Kite Festival is well-organized: There are many booths for arts and crafts, gift items and food. There are several life guard touring around in a vehicle, Medic One staff available in case there are emergencies involved. There are many local residents who volunteer for the success of the kite festival. They are very helpful and accommodating. There is no problem for parking for visitors. Several portable potties were also set up close to the beach for comfort of the visitors!
Older residents volunteer for the visitors for tourist information, and they set up a booth to have the children build their own kites!
The beach is nice for children to go and play on the sand but residents caution that the water has strong current.
The Kite Festival in Long Beach is something to go to every year. The wind in Long Beach is really god for kite flying. For newer enthusiasts like me, it is something to go to every year!
DATE OF NEXT YEAR'S KITE FESTIVAL IS SCHEDULED
You can make your own kite. There are several volunteer workers in booths close to the board walk in Long Beach where you can learn how to make a kite. They also teach you aerodynamics and history of kite flying!
Even my husband Erik has fun flying my daughter's kite that they made. The kite was made of plastic and two bamboo round sticks. The materials were provided by the Kite Festival organizers. The provide the plastic, paste materials, bamboo round sticks and the string!
- Pros:Beautiful and spectacular sight of kites flying
- Cons:Book very early for accommodation at hotels
- In a nutshell:"The Annual Kite Festival is a must see every year!
Driving to Long Beach for the Kite Festival on the last week of August is a fun getaway. It's not really that expensive... more travel advice
I heard from the Kite Festival that a child died because his siblings covered him in the sand and got suffocated. By the... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Long Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The longest beach in the world!"
- "Where I Live.....Sorta"
- "We fell in love with it"
- "Typical Small Coastal Town, Famous for Kite Flying"
- "Windseekr's new Long Beach Page"
- "Long Beach-Washington-USA"
- "World's Longest Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Long Beach
- Hotels in Long Beach
- Transportation in Long Beach
- Restaurants in Long Beach
- Shopping in Long Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Long Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Long Beach
- 14 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Long Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Long Beach
Photos in Long BeachSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues