"Bavarian Village and #1 X'mas town in the US" Top 5 Page for this destination Leavenworth by joiwatani
Leavenworth Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 363 photos
This lumber town perched on top of the Cascade Mountains turned itself into a number one tourist attraction North of Seattle. It is amazing how this town attracts visitors each year! This town holds so many festivals each year to attract visitors from neighboring towns and cities and even the world!
Leavenworth is a Bavarian Village and one of the most beautiful setting you could imagine. The drive to the village alone is exhilirating! This town is perched on top of the Cascade Mountains with an elevation of about 1,100 feet! When you go there, I bet there is a festival going on. This town attracts tourists because the residents are very innovative and resourceful. They have to come up with something to attract tourists! I tell you, that is a united town! Just imagine turning this lumber town to a tourist spot destination? There must be something about the leadership of the town and the residents themselves. It is "res ipsa loquitor"! The people are fun, loving, friendly and most of all, they are definitely unique businessmen!
Whether a bank, a hotel, a store, or any kind of business establishment, the buildings have to follow the same motiff -the Bavarian motiff! It is absolutely gorgeous! There are flowering boxes hanging on windows or flowering pots on each corner. The city is very clean, has an atmosphere of safe and security on it. Most of the vendors are friendly and hospitable.
- Pros:Many festivals a year!
- Cons:Not a lot of vacation to attend the festivals!
- In a nutshell:This is my fourth visit of the town just to get pictures for VT!c*
I noticed that there are so many t-shirt prints in Leavenworth. It's so funny that most of the stores have t-shirts... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Leavenworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavarian Village and #1 X'mas town in the US"
- "BAVARIA TRANSPLANTED; GATEWAY TO THE ENCHANTMENTS"
- "Bavarian Icefest"
- "Leavenworth - a little piece of Bavaria in the USA"
- "Bavarian Town of Leavenworth"
- "Little Town for a Romantic Night!"
- "German Delight in Washington State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leavenworth
- Hotels in Leavenworth
- Transportation in Leavenworth
- Nightlife in Leavenworth
- Restaurants in Leavenworth
- Shopping in Leavenworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Leavenworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leavenworth
- 36 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Leavenworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leavenworth
Photos in LeavenworthSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues