"Artists' Paradise" La Conner by joiwatani
La Conner Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 209 photos
It is definitely a must to see La Conner, Washington. When I visit this place, I feel refreshed- as if a big lump is taken out from my lungs! I can breathe freely! The miles and miles of beautiful tulips are so spectacular. It is breathtaking! There are no perfect words to express my feelings how wonderful it is to see this absolutely beautiful place! As if the whole town is painted in wonderful colors!
Visit this place in April because that is when all the tulips are in bloom! It is the perfect time to visit since the weather is beautiful. You can drive, bike or walk. No matter what you choose, it is just perfect to come and see this beautiful place. Bring your cameras with you and capture the scenic view!
The farms and nurseries here include: Azusa Farm and Gardens, Christiansons Nursery, CoutyTime Alpacas, Hemlock Highlands Farm, RossenGAarde, Schuh Farms, Skagit Valley Gardens, Tulip Town and SWU Discovery Garden.
The Points of Interest close to La Conner: Cascade Mall, Downtown Burlington Art Walk, La Conner Sculpture Tour, Lincoln Theater, Padilla Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, Riverside Lanes, Seattle Premium Outlets, Skagit Valley Casino Resort, The OUtlet Shoppes at Burlington and Warren Jewelers.
If you love painting, woodcarving, jewelries, glass-blowing and pottery, La Conner is your place! If you are into photography- taking pictures of tulips and birds, then La Conner is your dream place!
On your way to the main street of La Conner, you pass fields and fields of tulips - in different colors. The fields is just covered in red, pink, purple, yellow...in white.
If you happen to be lucky enough (like me) , you will see thousands and thousands of Canadian geese grazing on the fields! The best part is when they are just about ready to fly to another field! This is just an amazing, awesome, picturesque view!
The main street in La Conner has many stores ala museum-style selling local artists works on display.
What an amazing experience to just walk between rows of tulips! It captivates you. It refreshes your spirit!
The best part is to take pictures, dozens and dozens of pictures or take a lot of pictures until you run out of battery!
The Skagit Tulip Festival starts in April when the tulips are just about to bloom! You can check their website each year what activities they have: http://www.tulipfestival.org/
- Pros:It is picture perfect!
- Cons:Not a lot of restaurants. More porte potties in the fields, please!
- In a nutshell:A place to come back every April each year!
You are probably going to La Conner to see how beautiful the tulips are and in the future planning to plant tulips.... more travel advice
There are so many things to do in this small town. Amazingly also, they have a museum! Who wouldn't want to come here?... more travel advice
- See All Bargain shop at the Outlet stores
- See All Don't step on the side of the tulips
- Bring your boots and jackets
joiwatani's Related Pages
La Conner Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists' Paradise"
- "Tulip Mania!"
- "The Tulip Festival"
- "Skagit Valley - Largest commerical bulb industry o"
- "La Conner, Washington!"
- "Tulip Time in Skagit Valley"
- "Local Information"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Conner
- Hotels in La Conner
- Transportation in La Conner
- Restaurants in La Conner
- Shopping in La Conner
- Warnings and Dangers in La Conner
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in La Conner
- 18 Reviews
- 153 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to La Conner?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Conner
Photos in La ConnerSee All Photos (153)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues