"Blaine, the boarder town of Canada and the U.S." Blaine by joiwatani
Blaine Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos
Blaine is about 100 miles away from Seatle, Washington. It's the last town you pass heading to Vancouver, Canada. It's where the check point is if you enter Canada from the United States and the check point if you are going to the United States from Canada!
Blaine is a beautiful place, not to mention the closeness of it to the beach and the Canadian boarder. The strip of beach is where the Semiahmoo Resort is located.
Blaine also has a marina, a nice park, a camping site, a beach park, etc.
Every 4th of July for the past two consecutive years, we visit Blaine specifically the Semiahmoo Resort. One time I was heading back home from shopping in Vancouver, Canada, I decided to follow the directions going to Semiahmoo Resort. And, voila, I found this beautiful place where I can spend time with my family and children on 4th of July. Instead of driving to Seattle to watch the fireworks, we drive to Blaine!
There is a park close to the beach where we can walk around, bike or just stroll close to the beach watching the seagulls or the sea lions.
There are so many wild flowers all over the strip along the beach. There are also bunnies running wildly...This last 4th of July 2010, we saw two eagles perched close to the barge. Also, a sea lion just laying there with the seagulls!
It's beautiful out here. There are so many wild flowers and wild life. We love watching the seagulls, the sea lions, the eagles...The bunnies are wild running around the fields of wild flowers!
- Pros:It's a place to relax and enjoy a qualilty time with family!
- Cons:There is only one resort and you are stuck with their price!
- In a nutshell:Blaine is a small town and we don't get tired coming here every year to spend quality time with friends and family
While I was driving at the strip of Semiahmoo, I saw some deer passing. It was amazing that there is wildlife here! I... more travel advice
I highly recommend this resort. Make sure to book your hotel fronting the ocean. Also, choose the rooms that are further... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Blaine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blaine, the boarder town of Canada and the U.S."
- "Gateway to Canada"
- "Our AmeriFriends"
- "Border City, Friendship City"
- "Blaine Washington"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blaine
- Hotels in Blaine
- Nightlife in Blaine
- Restaurants in Blaine
- Warnings and Dangers in Blaine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blaine
- 9 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Blaine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blaine
Photos in BlaineSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues