"Blaine, the boarder town of Canada and the U.S." Blaine by joiwatani

Blaine Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 84 photos

It'sbeautiful to spend the 4th of July!!!

Blaine is about 100 miles away from Seatle, Washington. It's the last town you pass heading to Vancouver, Canada. It's where the check point is if you enter Canada from the United States and the check point if you are going to the United States from Canada!

Blaine is a beautiful place, not to mention the closeness of it to the beach and the Canadian boarder. The strip of beach is where the Semiahmoo Resort is located.

Blaine also has a marina, a nice park, a camping site, a beach park, etc.

The strip of land

Every 4th of July for the past two consecutive years, we visit Blaine specifically the Semiahmoo Resort. One time I was heading back home from shopping in Vancouver, Canada, I decided to follow the directions going to Semiahmoo Resort. And, voila, I found this beautiful place where I can spend time with my family and children on 4th of July. Instead of driving to Seattle to watch the fireworks, we drive to Blaine!

There is a park close to the beach where we can walk around, bike or just stroll close to the beach watching the seagulls or the sea lions.

There are so many wild flowers all over the strip along the beach. There are also bunnies running wildly...This last 4th of July 2010, we saw two eagles perched close to the barge. Also, a sea lion just laying there with the seagulls!

The wild flowers

It's beautiful out here. There are so many wild flowers and wild life. We love watching the seagulls, the sea lions, the eagles...The bunnies are wild running around the fields of wild flowers!

• Pros:It's a place to relax and enjoy a qualilty time with family!
  • Cons:There is only one resort and you are stuck with their price!
  • In a nutshell:Blaine is a small town and we don't get tired coming here every year to spend quality time with friends and family
  • Last visit to Blaine: Jul 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 1, 2011

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Blaine