Las Vegas Transportation Tips by joiwatani Top 5 Page for this destination
Las Vegas Transportation: 431 reviews and 396 photos
The CityCenter Tram
With the new CityCenter Tram, you don't have to be outside walking under the scorching sun of Las Vegas!
The CityCenter (yes, one word) Tram goes from the Bellagio Hotel, Crystals and Monte Carlo
Is that one way? Most of the airport transfers that you buy on Expedia is from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the airport. Three weeks ago, we took the Belltrans because it is the cheapest way to get to our hotel. The only thing about taking this shuttle bus is that you have to call them in advance (at least 24 hours) that you needed to be picked up from the airport and also from your hotel.
If you are more than five, this is the cheapest way to do it. However, if you are only 4, taxi cab is better.
The cab drivers know where the traffics are and they know how to avoid them. They go to the back of the hotels most of the time to avoid the traffic...
If you have a lot of luggages, the cab's trunk won't be able to fit though...So, this is something that you might like to think about.
The fares for the train in Las Vegas are expensive to me, so as a suggestion, it is better to buy a two day pass. Per trip cost $5.00 so that's $10 per trip back and forth to your hotel but if you have a two day pass, you are better off.
Catch the train at the MGM casino and it stops close to the Venetian Hotel.
Catching a cab is way cheaper especially if you are lazy to walk. There is so much walking involved in taking a train. You have to looped around the casinos - that's their plan so you are distracted and will gamble...By the time you get to your destination, two hours have easily passed!
When we went to Las Vegas last year, we took the double decker bus because the view was better. We were at the deck! It is best to go up especially when you are travelling at night because you have better views of the neon lights in Las Vegas! It is very spectacular!
It is better to purchase a week's pass or a three day pass than buying individual bus tickets each time. You save time, money and energy that way. It all depends on how many days you are staying in Las Vegas and if you don't have a rental car or you didn't drive your own car.
The tram car is operated by Mandalay, Luxor and Excalibur hotels and therefore it serves well to their customers and guests. The tram ride is very short but great to experience as well.
Getting to the tram station at the Excalibur is from the left entrance of the Excalibur skywalk.
At the Mandalay Bay, it gets a little bit crowded sometimes because the Tram waiting area is not spacious while at the Luxor's tram exit is nice. You can have great pictures of the Sphinx and the pyramid!
The tiny transportation for rent
The coolest thing about Las Vegas is you can rent the coolest transportation you wanted - as long as money is not a problem.
Anyone can rent a smart car, a luxury car, a limousine, a Lamborgini, a Porche, a Jaguar or anything that you can think of. There is no problem. Just ask what you want and Las Vegas can have it.
While we were at the front of the Strip, close to the Mandalay Bay, we spotted this tiny car with the renters taking pictures at the Las Vegas landmark. We were curious to check the car and took picture of it.
The car can only accommodate two people: the driver and the passenger...
There are rentals at the Las Vegas Strip and you can choose any kind of sports car close to Seven Eleven Store.
Okay, this is the tip that we learned from my father-in-law who actually lives in Henderson, Nevada, 20 minutes drive to the Las Vegas famous Strip. We listened to him and oh boy, did it helped us!
Here it is:
If you have a rental car and/or driving in Las Vegas, it is much easier to use the valet parking of a hotel than looking for a parking space. It is much easier and more convenient. You don't have to walk so far away just to look for parking.
And, valet parking is free. Well, you can give a tip! We just give a $5.00 tip which is way far cheaper than paying a parking space and then the pain of walking in the 100 degree sun to go to the hotel's casino! (This tip from my father in law helped me a lot since I carry my daughter most of the time and plus I didn't really like to walk in the blazing sun!)
Just use the valet parking and the hotel employees will park your car and just go back to the valet parking and have them get your car! That's convenient and cheaper!
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (228)
- See All Polo Towers
- See All A week is just about right
- See All Abraham Lincoln at the wax museum
- See All Looking for Pucci?
- See All Woflgang Puck Pizzeria and Cuccina
- See All Bring your own aluminum water tin can!
- See All Watch the eruption of the volcano at...
- See All Pack an umbrella stroller for your kid!
- See All Visit the The Oasis at Mandalay Bay
- See All Buying jewelries on installment
- See All Those servers that roam around the...
Been to Las Vegas?Share your travels with the world!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Laguna La Cocha
- Orient Point Hotels
- Peapack Hotels
- Tarbaca Hotels
- Pulau Semakau Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 236 Reviews
- 1,086 Photos
- 30 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Claus"
- updated a Las Vegas Travelogue "Las Vegas, 2001, Part VII: Atlantis War, Caesar's"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Las Vegas, 2001, Part VII: Atlantis War, Caesar's"
- Wrote a Review Polo Towers in Las Vegas Hotels
- Commented on one of riorich55's Las Vegas travel pages
- Uploaded a Video to Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (1086)
Videos in Las VegasSee All Videos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (261)
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- 441 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Blair House Suites
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Travelodge Las Vegas South Strip
- 130 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
- 823 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- El Cortez Hotel & Casino
- 547 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Budget Suites of America Paradise Road
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 29, 2012
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Tropicana
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Motel 6 - Las Vegas (Tropicana)
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport North Convention Center
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Alexis Park Resort
- 473 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Emerald Suites Cameron
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Las Vegas
- 152 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Sahara Las Vegas Hotel and Casino
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
- Binions Gambling Hall And Hotel
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 134 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 58 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do