"A trip out of Las Vegas" Black Diamond by joiwatani
Black Diamond Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 36 photos
For real, if you get tired walking the strip (the name of the street where most of the hotels in Las Vegas are lined up) and need something to do outside the city besides gambling and shows, take a road trip to Black Diamond.
Black Diamond is a small town close to Las Vegas. It is about an hour trip. Once you get to the park, put on your walking shoes and take a walk close to the mountain. There is a trail that leads you to a small waterfall! On your way to the waterfall, notice the vegetation. Flowering cacti are just flourishing!
The formation of the rocks are just spectacular. The colors of the rocks are red!
Be careful of rattle snakes! I haven't seen one but I was told that the rattle snakes go on shades behind the rocks and under bushes!
The drive to Black Diamond is beautiful. Once we got there, we stopped by a viewpoint where you can see a canyon that kind of glows because of the red rocks. It's amazing how a rock could be this beautiful.
Sierra was figuring out how to walk in slippers in Black Diamond!
- Pros:Beautiful scenario of the desert
- Cons:Be careful of rattle snakes
- In a nutshell:It amazes me how a waterful exist in the desert!
If you are in Las Vegas for a week, make a plan to take a side trip to Black Diamond, Arizona. It's about 45 minutes... more travel advice
The road leading to the waterfalls in Black Diamond is pretty rough- mostly rocks. It is best to rent an SUV instead of... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Black Diamond Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Black Diamond
- Transportation in Black Diamond
- Warnings and Dangers in Black Diamond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Black Diamond
- 8 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Black Diamond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Black Diamond
Photos in Black DiamondSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues