"Welcome to Legazpi City" Top 5 Page for this destination Legaspi City by joiwatani

Legaspi City Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 428 photos

Dagos sa Legaspi!

I am not really sure how they come up with the name "Legaspi" but quiet honestly, I thought it was "Legazpi" with the letter "Z" from the Spaniard conquistadores!

Anyway, coming back to Legaspi was really nice. I was absolutely amazed on how the government authorities improved the Central Bus Terminal in the city!

Kudos to the government authorities!

I remembered well that twenty years ago, I had to basically climb on the window of a bus to get a seat! I didn't like to spend another night in the city as the last trip going to Sorsogon was at 4 pm so I had to fight just to get a seat in a bus!

Nowadays, there are so many buses and transportation is no longer a problem...

And, to my surprise, the bathrooms are very clean!!! Yeeey!!!I am so proud of the Bicolanos!

So, if you are planning to travel in the Bicol Region, I would like to say, that transportation is no longer a problem in most part of the region. There are vans, buses, tricycles and jeepneys...And, there are so many hotels, bread and breakfasts, inns, resorts, etc. Most resorts are also open until 11 pm.

Also, I don't see anymore tricycle hustlers...They all abide with the rules and regulations of the city!!! Thank goodness!!!

Here are my travels so far in the region:

Irosin, Sorsogon
Masacrot Springs
Crystal Spring
Bulusan Volcano Natural Park
San Benon Hotsprings

Mayon Volcano

The Mayon Volcano is one of the sights you can see but when I was here, I only see the base of the volcano and the clouds surrounding it.

Twenty years ago, I climbed the volcano and it was the most exhilarating thing I ever did although I had a lot of cuts from grasping those tiger grasses on my way to the top!

The beautiful flora and fauna

This is the land where you can find the most beautiful orchids, flowers and humungous trees!

There are the huge pili nut trees, mahoganies, and coconut trees...

It is absolutely a beautiful place to grow a garden!

• Pros:It's a great place to travel because of it's natural beauty!
  • Cons:As long as it's far from Manila, it's okay with me!
  • In a nutshell:Legazpi City is a place to be!"
  • Last visit to Legaspi City: Aug 2010
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2010

• Mar 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM

I like your review on the beautiful city of Legazpi. your photos are great. Congratulations!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Yes, it does look like a beautiful place. I hope that volcano is not one of the hyper-active kind!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Jo, glad you got back home safely. It is Legazpi with a Z and for your tourist trap tip remember it is Zee with a Z tissue to carry. lol Fun read. Thanks, Larry

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Legaspi City

Have you been to Legaspi City?