"Canada, the silent giant in North America" Canada by joiwatani
Canada Travel Guide: 39,913 reviews and 92,112 photos
Canada is the neighbor country of the United States. It is a huge country but silent internationally - it's kinda like a person who has everything but so quiet about it. That's Canada!
I have been in North Canada and South Canada. I have also been in the mid-Canada and some of its islands.
To compare the north and the south Canada is like comparing an apple from an orange. The North Canadians speak English and French is only spoken and learned in schools while in the South, the people speak French. The roads and signs are all in French. In the North, the road signs are all in English. There was a time that the South wanted to be an independent state. But, I guess, today, the both the North and South are pretty getting along well.
In the early 1990s, I travelled to the province of Quebec, Ottawa and Toronto. Since I moved to the northwest United States, I have been travelling more in North Canada: Victoria, Vancouver, Delta, Richmond, etc.
There are so many things to see in Canada and it will take me years to probably explore the whole country! It is a beautiful country and the people are so unique. Most of them respect diversity so being an Asian, I am not afraid of exploring the whole country!
- Pros:I frequently cross the border because I love their international fruits!
- Cons:I can't bring back the fruits to the US or bring back Cuban cigars!
joiwatani's Related Pages
Canada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Canada - So much to do, so little time"
- "8000 km Coast-to-Coast (5000 miles)"
- "Canada..... from coast to coast"
- "Canada coast to coast tour"
- "PLEASURE IN CANADIAN WATERS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canada
- Hotels in Canada
- Transportation in Canada
- Nightlife in Canada
- Restaurants in Canada
- Shopping in Canada
- Warnings and Dangers in Canada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Canada
- 60 Reviews
- 298 Photos
- 11 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Canada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canada
Videos in CanadaSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues
Top Canada hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- 4300 Reviews - 8858 Photos
- Niagara Falls Hotels
- 1442 Reviews - 3585 Photos
- Montreal Hotels
- 3650 Reviews - 6815 Photos
- Mont-Tremblant Hotels
- 130 Reviews - 319 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3957 Reviews - 8266 Photos
- Ottawa Hotels
- 1799 Reviews - 4427 Photos
- Quebec Hotels
- 1561 Reviews - 3442 Photos
- Halifax Hotels
- 987 Reviews - 1901 Photos
- Edmonton Hotels
- 609 Reviews - 1001 Photos
- Banff Hotels
- 467 Reviews - 989 Photos
- Windsor Hotels
- 321 Reviews - 984 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1618 Reviews - 3346 Photos
- Collingwood Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Winnipeg Hotels
- 385 Reviews - 538 Photos
- Canmore Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 153 Photos