"The land of the lakes" Top 5 Page for this destination Wisconsin by joiwatani
Wisconsin Travel Guide: 2,435 reviews and 4,117 photos
Just a personal note:
Wisconsin is the first state where my children's great grandparents live. Their great grandmother, Jane Quimette, came to the United States from France. Their great grandfather "Cramer" was from Germany. They raised three boys in Wisconsin. One of them, was Hugh Cramer, my children's grandfather.
The Quimette-Cramer family homestead in Park Falls, Wisconsin. They owned about 675 acres of land and even a lake, they named Lake Quimette. It's a namesake of their great grandmother Jane. The largeness and vastness of their homestead, you can even see it in the map of Wisconsin!
The original house is still in existence. But to accomodate the increasing familly, they built a log cabin. which was only used for vacation. No person is allowed to come here to live, it was only intended as a vacation house!
This is a very dear place for my daughter Shelby and Rainier. Every summer, they come here to spend their summer time- off from school.
There are so many lakes in Wisconsin! When boating season comes, every SUV (sports utility vehicle) that you see on the road, has a boat mounted or tied on top of it ! It is just fun to watch a line of SUVs in a traffic jam!
Vacationing in Parks Falls, Wisconsin in August is very calming and spiritual. The lakes are beautiful! The lakes are clear and the sky is reflected on the waters. The last time I was here, I quietly paddled my canoe in this lake. I was alone in the lake. I was drifting the boat for four hours, until, suddenly, a loon dove into the waters! I timed the bird as it disappeared under the lake. It took her five to six minutes in the water until it came out to breathe! It spread her white spotted wings and shared me it's beauty! It is one of those lucky days I had- a loon showed up! It was a very spectacular moment! This bird is very solitary. She cry out loud at night and you just know that she is present but don't see it. It doesn't show itself to people!!
The trees are thick and are reflected in the water! This particular location is about 675 acres and owned by the family of my children's father. This is a private property and nobody is allowed to come here except the family and friends. There is a log cabin made from the woods cut in this property. There are other houses to use as vacation houses only. The first person who comes here has to mow the lawn and cut the grass and clean up the log cabin. And whoever is the last person, has to properly lock the houses and put everything away so the wild animals will not come and get them.
There are deer, racoons, bears, snakes and other animals that come visit the area.
- Pros:A place to rejuvenate
- Cons:Too far away to drivec*
- In a nutshell:It's a place to getaway from the turmoils of life!c*
Wherever I go, I usually buy the following: refrigerator magnets, shot glasses, miniature animals, and t-shirts with... more travel advice
Light luggages Some sweaters as it gets cold at night even during the summer! Everything! Digital Camera to capture... more travel advice
joiwatani's Related Pages
Wisconsin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Forward" Looking State That Honors Its Past"
- "Where football is a religion"
- "The land of the lakes"
- "Enchanted by Wisconsin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wisconsin
- Hotels in Wisconsin
- Transportation in Wisconsin
- Nightlife in Wisconsin
- Restaurants in Wisconsin
- Shopping in Wisconsin
- Warnings and Dangers in Wisconsin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wisconsin
- 10 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Wisconsin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wisconsin
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seattle Intro, 192 reviews, 1701 photos, 163 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 236 reviews, 1087 photos, 57 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Intro, 89 reviews, 696 photos, 54 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 100 reviews, 468 photos, 10 travelogues
- Puerto Rico Intro, 82 reviews, 354 photos, 19 travelogues
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 59 reviews, 312 photos, 15 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 100 reviews, 265 photos, 4 travelogues
- Japan Intro, 24 reviews, 296 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vancouver Intro, 51 reviews, 265 photos, 14 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 11 reviews, 279 photos, 28 travelogues