"The land of the lakes" Top 5 Page for this destination Wisconsin by joiwatani

Wisconsin Travel Guide: 2,383 reviews and 4,021 photos

Hundreds of lakes in Wisconsin!

Just a personal note:

Wisconsin is the first state where my children's great grandparents live. Their great grandmother, Jane Quimette, came to the United States from France. Their great grandfather "Cramer" was from Germany. They raised three boys in Wisconsin. One of them, was Hugh Cramer, my children's grandfather.

The Quimette-Cramer family homestead in Park Falls, Wisconsin. They owned about 675 acres of land and even a lake, they named Lake Quimette. It's a namesake of their great grandmother Jane. The largeness and vastness of their homestead, you can even see it in the map of Wisconsin!

The original house is still in existence. But to accomodate the increasing familly, they built a log cabin. which was only used for vacation. No person is allowed to come here to live, it was only intended as a vacation house!

This is a very dear place for my daughter Shelby and Rainier. Every summer, they come here to spend their summer time- off from school.

There are so many lakes in Wisconsin! When boating season comes, every SUV (sports utility vehicle) that you see on the road, has a boat mounted or tied on top of it ! It is just fun to watch a line of SUVs in a traffic jam!

The lake is calm and very peaceful

Vacationing in Parks Falls, Wisconsin in August is very calming and spiritual. The lakes are beautiful! The lakes are clear and the sky is reflected on the waters. The last time I was here, I quietly paddled my canoe in this lake. I was alone in the lake. I was drifting the boat for four hours, until, suddenly, a loon dove into the waters! I timed the bird as it disappeared under the lake. It took her five to six minutes in the water until it came out to breathe! It spread her white spotted wings and shared me it's beauty! It is one of those lucky days I had- a loon showed up! It was a very spectacular moment! This bird is very solitary. She cry out loud at night and you just know that she is present but don't see it. It doesn't show itself to people!!

The reflection of the trees

The trees are thick and are reflected in the water! This particular location is about 675 acres and owned by the family of my children's father. This is a private property and nobody is allowed to come here except the family and friends. There is a log cabin made from the woods cut in this property. There are other houses to use as vacation houses only. The first person who comes here has to mow the lawn and cut the grass and clean up the log cabin. And whoever is the last person, has to properly lock the houses and put everything away so the wild animals will not come and get them.

There are deer, racoons, bears, snakes and other animals that come visit the area.

• Pros:A place to rejuvenate
  • Cons:Too far away to drivec*
  • In a nutshell:It's a place to getaway from the turmoils of life!c*
  • Last visit to Wisconsin: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated May 18, 2009

• csordila's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Amazing place but it seems to be a long way to be gone there from Europe. The berries we never freeze at home, after picking them we eat them fresh. Many thanks for your visit on my NYC page. Best. L.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2009 at 5:22 PM

some nice tips and excellent pics. my hubby and son went to Milwaulkee along with my nephew, but i was not able to. i would very much like to explore the state like we did MA and VA in 2008.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2008 at 8:34 AM

When I was a child in Illinois we used to go to Wisconsin every summer for our vacation, so your tips and photos brought back pleasant memories.

• Doctor38's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Nice pictures of Wisconsin. My cosine used to study in Athens OH. I visited the city few years ago. I did not know about the Malaysian connection.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Since I love the state of Wisconsin, I just had to check out all your insights about visiting. Such lovely photographs. Your tips are informative and quite interesting.

joiwatani Used To Live Here!

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Wisconsin

Have you been to Wisconsin?