"Beautiful State of Idaho" Top 5 Page for this destination Idaho by joiwatani

Idaho Travel Guide: 708 reviews and 1,951 photos

My family, sisters, nephews and nieces in Idaho!

Idaho is famous because of its golden potatoes. This state produces and supplies potatoes all over the United States. For the past couple of years, Idaho attracted many visitors from adjoining states because of its Silverwood Theme Park located in C'ouer da Alane, the capital of Idaho.

Idaho has many attractions which include their beautiful lakes which is great for fishing, boating and sailing; and mountains capped with snow and swarmed by ski afficionados in winter time.

Silverwood Theme Park

We visited Idaho and brought my family, nephews, nieces and sisters to the famous Silverwood Theme Park located in Atol.

I accidentally came across this theme park through the Seattle Magazine I was reading while waiting at my Orthodontist's office. It has a page of article about the park. From my reading, I found it a special place to bring my children. I thought it will be fun for my children, nephews and nieces to celebrate my birthday here, so I decided to invite them to come with me on my birthday, May 21st.

It was about an 8- hour drive from where we live in Seattle. So, we all had to wake up very early to get ready for our trip. We packed everything from coolers filled with finger foods, frozen pizza for dinner, fried chicken wings, pancit, adobo, rice, dessert, etc. We had drinks and chicherias (snacks) on separated coolers. Travelling with little children is very challenging but we are professionals! We brought strollers, diapers, extra clothes, towels...name it, we packed it!

We took two SUV (Sports Utility Vehicles) with GPS so we can have access to maps and directions and televisions so the kids can watch cartoons and not get bored for eight houres while we were driving. Of course, we stopped at a rest stop after four hours to eat lunch and exercise our legs.

Driving there was very nice. In May, the weather was very nice but it was a little bit chilly and windy.

When we got to Idaho, we immediately headed to our hotel where I rented rented three family rooms in C'ouer da Alane, the city of Idaho, and a 15-minute drive to the Silverwood Theme Park.

Nothing but friendly

Two decades ago, there were many news about Idaho, but mostly about rallies on racism. I watched this on the History Channel and it planted a seed of fearfulness in me. Being brown and an immigrant in the United States, I got scared knowing that some white people who call themselves White Supremists hate other races and think they are the best race in this world.

How can they not know that besides the color of our skin, we have the same cells and same anatomical system. We have hearts and mind and the blood running in our veins are the same. As a matter of fact, if another person's life is in danger and in need of blood transfusion, and as long as they have the type of blood, that blood donated can sustain their lives.

There are still remnants of the old days of racism but no longer as bad. Our world is getting smaller and with the internet and information highway, there are more information out there available to people who are ignorant of the world- that this world have many races, beautiful races. No matter how different we are, we can still live together in peace as long as we respect each other and love one another.

When we went to Idaho, we didn't see any of the remnants of the old days. We only saw friendly people.

• Pros:Idaho has a theme park for adults and children
  • Cons:Not a lot of time to explore Idaho
  • In a nutshell:We found a place to go every summer.
  • Last visit to Idaho: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 6, 2011

Comments

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Badges & Stats in Idaho